Deutsche Telekom in Albania
As the first mobile operator in Albania, AMC began its commercial operations in 1996. AMC, whose majority shareholder is COSMOTE, Deutsche Telekom's mobile subsidiary in Greece, provides a wide range of services, with competitive tariff plans and advanced communication proposals. With a particularly successful track record on all levels, AMC today holds the leading position in Albania's highly competitive market.
AMC (Albanian Mobile Communications Sh.A.)
- Core business: Mobile voice and data services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 97.21 percent of shares held by Cosmote
- Revenue: 119.3 million euros (FY 2011)
- Customers: 1.8 million (as of September 30, 2011)
- Employees: 475 (as of December 31, 2011)
- Highlights: AMC was the highest bidder in the tender for the second 3G mobile license in Albania (October).