Half-year report 2002
- Group revenue increased by 14.6 % to EUR 25.8 billion.
- Group EBITDAa increase (excluding special influences) of 7.2 % approximately to EUR 7.8 billion.
- Net loss of EUR 3.9 billion, mainly attributable to depreciation and amortization relating to newly consolidated companies; excluding special influences, net loss of EUR 3.1 billion.
- Net debt reduced by 9.6 % to EUR 64.2 billion by the end of the first half of 2002 from EUR 71.0 billion at June 30, 2001.
- Capital expenditure reduced by around 17.6 % to EUR 3.1 billion.
- Net cash provided by operating activitiesb increased by 40.8 % to EUR 6.6 billion.
- EBITDAa at T-Com at EUR 5.0 billion, the same level as in the previous year.
- T-Systems increased its EBITDAa compared with the same period in the previous year by 42.6 % to EUR 509 million.
- EBITDAa at T-Mobile increased by approximately EUR 1.2 billion, or 86 %, to around EUR 2.6 billion.
- T-Online division generated positive EBITDAa of EUR 82 million from EUR -52 million in the first half of 2001.
- With more than 525,000 net new subscribers in the second quarter, VoiceStream/Powertel recorded one of the highest net subscriber increases of all mobile communications operators in the U.S.
a There were no special influences included in the EBITDA of the T-Com, T-Systems, T-Mobile and T-Online divisions in the first half of 2001 or the first half of 2002.
b See the notes to the consolidated statement of cash flows.