Quarter report III 2002
- Kai-Uwe Ricke appointed new Chairman of the Board of Management of Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Strategic review completed; resulting special influencesa of EUR -19.3 billionafter taxes.
- Program of measures to further debt reduction established.
- Board of Management and Supervisory Board will propose not to pay adividend for the 2002 financial year.
- Group revenue, including changes to the composition of the Deutsche TelekomGroup, increased by 12.0 % to EUR 39.2 billion.
- Adjusted Group EBITDAb increase (excluding special influences) of 5.6 %compared with same period last year to around EUR 12.0 billion.
- Net loss of EUR 24.5 billion, mainly attributable to non-scheduled write-downsof goodwill and licenses in mobile communications; excluding specialinfluences, adjusted net loss of EUR 4.2 billion.
- Reduction of net debtc by 1.8% to EUR 64.0 billion, compared withEUR 65.2 billion at September 30, 2001.
- Free cash flowd increased from EUR 6 million to around EUR 4.7 billion.
a See Reconciliation of special influences and strategic review
b See Reconciliation of adjusted EBITDA.
c Debt excluding liquid assets (Sept. 30, 2002: EUR 1.9 billion; Sept. 30,2001: EUR 1.3 billion), marketable securities and other investments in noncurrentsecurities (Sept. 30, 2002: EUR 0.7 billion; Sept. 30, 2001:EUR 1.5 billion) and interest rate and currency swaps (Sept. 30, 2002:EUR 0.1 billion; Sept. 30, 2001: EUR 0.2 billion).
d See Reconciliation of free cash flow.