Big Data - Data Engineer (f/m/d)
- Magenta Telekom
- Wien, Österreich
- Vollzeit - unbefristet
- Erforderliche Sprachkenntnisse:
- Deutsch, Englisch
Technologie und Netzwerke
IT- / TK-Entwicklung
Are you passionate to design and develop the data processing steps across all stages?
Then join the Big Data Platform team at Magenta Austria in one of the most exciting times ever! As a part of Deutsche Telekom AG - Europe’s number 1 telco operator - we provide a vibrant workplace full of exciting large-scale challenges by bridging the gap between a legacy world and cutting edge technologies, to help us become a industry leader on data driven work & decision making.
Scope: As a data engineer on the Big Data Platform team at Magenta Austria, you are going to design, develop and test the concrete data processing steps across all stages.
- You design, develop and test the concrete data processing steps across all stages from the source system to the provision to the users
- In the event of a fault, you support in the fault-clearing of the data processing
- You create and maintain data government processes together with the architect
- Ongoing optimization of performance, security and availability of ETL, data ingest jobs
- Implementation and optimization of data and workflows and their architecture
- You are continuously improving the data ingest / ETL jobs and systems you have implemented.
- You support the development and implementation of big data application development
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar field of studies.
- You are knowledgeable in the field of data and have first experience with big data
- You have solid experience in Java, Scala, APIs, REST, Spark, Python, Bash
- You know the principles of HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka, Oozie, etc.
- You either already worked and are familiar with, or are highly interested in working in an agile environment using the Scrum methodology (bi-weekly sprints)
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English or/and German.
- You are a motivated team player who can also work independently.
- You can transform complex business needs and requirements into applications.
Depending on your qualifications, your experience and your commitment we offer an attractive, market compliant salary of about EUR 50.000 per year.
We are Magenta.
With Magenta we shape the digital future, which creates sense and brings happiness, which is exciting and thrilling, fascinating and inspiring. Magenta is not a color or a name, but rather a vision: the ultimate promise for the digital future in Austria.
Magenta is a brand of Magenta Telekom (T-Mobile Austria). The company consists of around 2,500 employees. As part of the Deutsche Telekom Group we benefit from innovative strengths and financial stability of the Group, one of the biggest players in the telecommunication market. We make latest technology come alive and tangible, break with old habits and set new standards. To enrich and simplify the daily life of our customers.
Innovative, brave and enthusiastic employees are a crucial success factor. Therefore, we offer you many exciting opportunities. We are Magenta. You too?
Further information at: www.magenta.at/karriere