System Engineer (m/f/d) - Entertainment Evolution Platforms
- Magenta Telekom
- Wien, Österreich
- Vollzeit - unbefristet
- Erforderliche Sprachkenntnisse:
- Deutsch, Englisch
- IT- / TK-Projekte
- Responsible for running proofs of concepts for entertainment platform components
- Managing internal test-labs (HW/SW installation, configuration …)
- Support during design and architecture of platform components
- Act as a technical single point of contact towards various vendors
- Roadmap management for HW/SW components
- Fascination for media and entertainment, and excited to join our journey of developing a completely new entertainment product
- Always on the search for the latest and greatest the market has to offer, and highly motivated to learn and understand new things
- Several years of experience working as a system engineer responsible for supervision of proof of concept tests and component installation.
- Experience in managing vendors in order to ensure roadmap deliveries
- Knowledge of cable networks (HFC) and DVB-C, Server and Blade Technologies (HP), Operating Systems (Linux), Networking (Cisco): routing, switching, multicast, virtualization (VMware, KVM), IP streaming technologies (ABR)
- Ability to switch between roles and learn new technologies quickly
- Bonus points for knowledge in these areas: video on demand, cloud recording, content delivery network, conditional access systems and digital rights management.
- Experience in Agile methodologies is a great plus
Depending on your qualifications, your experience and your commitment we offer an attractive, market compliant salary of about EUR 52.000 per year.
We are Magenta.
With Magenta we shape the digital future, which creates sense and brings happiness, which is exciting and thrilling, fascinating and inspiring. Magenta is not a color or a name, but rather a vision: the ultimate promise for the digital future in Austria.
Magenta is a brand of Magenta Telekom (T-Mobile Austria). The company consists of around 2,500 employees. As part of the Deutsche Telekom Group we benefit from innovative strengths and financial stability of the Group, one of the biggest players in the telecommunication market. We make latest technology come alive and tangible, break with old habits and set new standards. To enrich and simplify the daily life of our customers.
Innovative, brave and enthusiastic employees are a crucial success factor. Therefore, we offer you many exciting opportunities. We are Magenta. You too?
Further information at: www.magenta.at/karriere