Enterprise Data Architect (m/w/d)
EU IT is responsible for steering, defining, and implement IT initiatives across 10 countries in Europe. With data becoming more and more critical, it is important EU IT has clear data architecture defined, and executed to ensure that data becomes the way of working across all initiatives.
- You are responsible for all interactions between components, systems and functions from the network to the customer interaction point
- You are responsible for the implementation of the architecture concepts in product development and services
- You identify innovations in technology fields and work actively with the implementation within the group and in the industry
- You control architecture and design activities, including large strategic and internationalp rojects and programs, and provide comprehensive advice to top management
- Develop and maintain enterprise wide data architecture, covering data integration, data management and data exploration
- Develop and create strategy and architecture for data lake, enterprise data warehouse, operational data store, machine learning and advanced data analytics to improve customer experience and automated operations across multiple countries
- Govern changes to the Enterprise Data Model across all domains of data assets. Maintain and govern the metadata, data lineage and data models that describe the data architecture and the data assets it supports
- Work hand-in-hand with the project teams to ensure the architecture is aligned with and capable of supporting business strategy
- Ensures that reusable Data Services are leveraged, created, or amended in support of the Project's requirements. Also includes coordinating all Data Architecture deliverables as per the Project Delivery Methodology and providing estimates for work efforts based on priority and scope
You have a university degree with a focus on computer science or a comparable qualification and have many years of professional experience in the IT architecture environment, including 10+ Years of experience in Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical) and 5+ Years of Enterprise Architecture experience and Enterprise IT Solutions Implementation, across both OLTP and Analytics environments. Additionally you have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent experience in classic and agile forms of cooperation
- Excellent experience in leading strategic / overarching projects
- Many years of professional experience in technological E2E responsibility
- Intercultural experience in offshore projects as well as fluent in english
- Expert on a wide variety of Data Management processes and technologies, including Open Source
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing end to end data architecture
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing big data architecture and data exploration using machine learning and analytics
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL (such as Document, Graph, Hadoop, Key Value, etc.), Visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation
- Experience of Cloud Data technologies, solutions and future Cloud Data Strategies
- Deep technical expertise on data integration and processing technologies such as ETL, APIs, Streaming
- Expert in database management system (DBMS) physical implementation, including tables, joins and views
- Experience with Information Lifecycle Management processes and technologies, Master Data Management and Data Governance implementation
- Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data
- Actual hands on roles on Data Warehouse, Master Data and Data Integration implementations
- Sound understanding of core business processes in telco industry
- English skills on business level
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
We feel as much at home in Bonn as we do in the 50 other countries around the globe where we provide our services. As one of the leading telecommunications providers in Europe, we also have a footprint in the markets in Asia and the United States. We're on our way to become one of the industry's top service companies and want you to help us to get there.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.