WE SHAPE THE DIGITAL WORLD TO BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER – APPLY NOW!
Head of IPTV
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o.
- Budapest, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Experience Required:
- 5 years and more
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Projects
Technology and Networks
ICT / IT Development
Key Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables (e.g. budget, revenue, EBITDA, etc.):
- Be responsible for delivering TV / IPTV related solutions to extend the TV platform portfolio & for the implementation of relevant technical applications in collaboration with international B2C business unit and Natco’s.
- Responsible for budget (CAPEX & OPEX) management, people management & 3rd party management
- Ensure market competitiveness, maximum customer satisfaction and technology leadership by developing & operating the most highly regarded services to retail and business customers
- Manage services in a way that qualitative (SLA) and financial (budget) targets are met.
- Excellent customer experience with the products/service.
- Time to market of the applications.
- On-time delivery of the applications.
- Total Costs of Ownership of the applications.
- Quality and stability of the apllications.
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
- Prepare and create solution designs, feasibility studies or PoCs for TV related topcis.
- Creation and realization of technical integration architectures for the TV platform and subsystems depending on the project objective.
- Participate in review activities (project plans, requirement, design and test case) to assume joint responsibility with other team members on quality and schedule
- Lead strategy projects for new technology introduction & integration
- Responsible for review of technical studies and design proposals for applications
- Constantly work on efficiency improvements leading to the reduction of development & operation expenditures such as fast time to market and resources utilization
- Coordination and management of internal and external vendors within the projects.
- Drive vendor selection process such as RFI, RFP or RFQ for delivery new services or applications, define criteria for final selection and follow up with adequate contractual agreement process
- Cooperate in defining international synergy potential and enable its realization
- Manage activities and employees of the respective organizational units
- Be responsible for implementation of targets in respective area, to propose and implement solutions for efficiencies increase
- Manage and monitor performance, quality and productivity of assigned group of employees, be responsible for personnel management and mentoring, hire and mentor assigned employees
- Conflict Resolution: Encourage and promote smooth working relationships among staff to improve both productivity and staff retention. Negotiate and resolve all staff conflicts to maintain an effective and professional work environment.
Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Professional knowledge, skills, hnow-how in the field & experience in the field:
- 5 -10 years’ experience in the Technology Industry, i.e. TelCo, Broadcaster, Platform vendor, Media house
- Proven track record in topics like TV / OTT TV, video on demand, media systems
- Experience in leading teams
English language - fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi-layered matrix organization
- Experience in working with international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in managing external resources ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Excellent team player and motivator
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak and write at both senior and junior levels within an organisation
- Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Sound appreciation of complex and large multi-user production systems and their architecture
- Solid awareness of production operational processes
- Problem solving skills
Other soft skills, competences:
- Strategic thinking
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Experience in technical architecture design for large scale TV platforms
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures
- Strong technical knowledge of TV systems and architectures
- Strong technical background on video encoding (H.264, HEVC/H.265)
- Good understanding of video packaging and OTT streaming (HLS, DASH, HDS, HSS)
- Good understanding of DRM solutions and offerings (Google Widevine, MS PlayReady, Verimatrix, Adobe Primetime, Apple FairPlay)
- Experience from satellite reception headends (IP receivers, conditional access solutions)
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
By replying to the job offer, I hereby grant company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary Kft., with its registered seat at Infopark sétány 3, 1117 Budapest, Hungary, ID No.: 01-09-271999 (the “Company” or “we”) the consent with processing of my personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in my CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that I am applying for. This consent is granted for definite period of 6 months.
My personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling. My personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o., Jarabinková 1, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovak Republic. My personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
In connection with the processing of my personal data the Company provides me with the following information:
Please be informed that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to delete your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your consent, or if you withdraw your consent during the selection process, we cannot process your personal data and thus you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: email@example.com . Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.