Do you want to change the world? You can do so with us!
Be a Java Developer at Magyar Telekom!
We have established the Digital Platform Tribe to build an internal team of software development professionals and to bring Telekom’s IT services to a higher level by applying state-of-the-art means, architecture and methodology. Now, we seek to hire Developers to this relatively young team. We count on you, if you want to take part in laying the foundations of some topics, and you want to work as a developer in a team where transparency and open communication are deemed important.
The task is to apply agile development methodologies to continuously develop Telekom’s decoupling layer, the purpose of which is to redefine the company’s digital capabilities on state-of-the-art microservice bases.
This position is for you, if you are interested in the following tasks:
- Adapt existing systems to new architectures
- Develop business applications by a diverse range of technological tools
- Take part in agile software development teamwork
- Conduct developer testing of programs developed (unit tests, component tests, non-functional tests etc.)
- Prepare and update development documentation
- Develop processes, learn about and acquire new technological skills
- Seek new, efficient solutions instead of the existing routine
In return, you:
- Can continuously develop your expertise and gain competitive professional knowledge
- Can take part in different trainings, courses
- Can work in a dynamic team
- Get a wide range of fringe benefits (laptop, cell phone, training possibilities, cafeteria, insurance, holiday home accommodation etc.)
- Get discounts specific to employees
- Can work in a multinational and modern environment
We need you and you are the ideal candidate, if you have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Comprehensive Java SE (Java 8+) Spring, Spring Boot Java framework skills
- Test automation (JUnit) experience
- High-level Git or other distributed version control system (Mercurial, Bazaar, etc.) skills
- At least basic Linux skills
- Solid English skills
- Good problem-solving skills, result-oriented personality, "can do" approach
- Team player attitude
You are a preferred candidate, if you have:
- Agile (Scrum) methodology experience
- CI/CD experience (GitLab, Jenkins)
- Docker/Kubernetes skills
- Python development experience
- Kotlin language skills
- DevOps approach
- Relevant development experience with microservice architectures
What we offer
Childcare facility on-site
Career and family can be easily reconciled with us - a company childcare facility close to the office enables stress-free and flexible working.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
Well insured - our offer to all employees includes an employer-financed life insurance.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
Magyar Telekom, being Hungary’s leading ICT provider touches the lives of its customers through millions of encounters. Telephone, internet, TV and IT: we have uniquely broad ranges of high-quality and reliable services in each of these areas. We strive to diminish the distances between people by means of our innovative solutions, as well as to improve the potential of individuals, and thus the competitiveness of the country by means of our continuous developments. Our goal is to make the lives of our customers simpler, easier and more enjoyable through our services, by which we earn their trust again and again.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.