Lead Delivery Service Manager
Accountable for the pre-sales solution, service design, RFP response, pre-sales technical relationship and opportunity development / opportunity win for services and solutions within the DTGBS portfolio. Providing fast determination of multiple customer business requirements and providing the most appropriate and best-fit solutions, design, and costs to meet the customer business requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The role will own the solution and customer technical relationship through the initial phases of the engagement, RFP response and pre-sales design (request, concept and high level), and handing over the design after customer order for detailed phases of the design to delivery management. You will ensure that your work is always of the highest industry standards and qualities as set DTGBS and meets agreed deadlines. You will be adaptable, changing your approach and methods to meet differing circumstances and audiences. You will be a recognised authority in industry and within DTGBS for your area of expertise.
- Specifically, demonstrable experience of managing the opportunity from RFP to contract win is essential. Developing close relationships to the executive sponsors and responsible technical authorities within the customer is essential
- This is a role requiring good communication, negotiation and influencing skills at differing levels both within our customer base and the DTGBS organisation particularly with IT Network and Security management and Solution Owners.
- You will have the ability to maintain an excellent relationship and build and maintain a “trusted business advisor” status for the specific technology areas with the customer, while fostering strong internal relationships with Production and Sales is essential,
- You will be able to present your chosen solution(s) with confidence and influence on your customers.
- You will have the ability to plan and manage your time, having good office and administration skills (Word, Visio, PowerPoint etc).
- This role may require leadership of a team from production on a project/customer basis.
- The role will readily share and acquire knowledge and expertise with colleagues and other departments.
- The candidate will have a good understanding of major network and security hardware and software components and changes within the technology area.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Solution and Delivery experience
• In-depth knowledge across modern enterprise Network and Security technologies, ideally will have deep experience in one or more specialist enterprise technologies (SDWAN/SASE etc)
• An in-depth knowledge of migration and transformation from MPLS and other style networks to overlay/underlay-based networks
• Commercially aware, managing costs on own projects and across team and very large projects
• Time Management – Self & others
• Can manage the prioritisation of their own workload as well as others and to be able to use management escalation when appropriate
• Can plan work activities over medium and long term to support strategic activities and initiatives
• Can lead a team on a project basis.
• Creates formal networks internally and externally
• Can present complex ideas, concepts, and technical solutions to high level non-technical audiences.
• Can anticipate potential objections and prepares case accordingly.
• Can influence others, and has strong interpersonal skills
• Acts as a facilitator and mentor to more junior members of team and others within the organisation.
• Experience of Portfolio development
• Applies knowledge and skills to deal with complex problems, extending and coordinating work that may extend beyond own area of knowledge and expertise
Qualifications and Technical Requirements:
• Recent experience in customer facing solutions architecture
• ITIL a benefit but not essential
• Reporting skills
• Proven team leader skills and disciplines
• Suitable and relevant experience in the IT industry
• Knowledge of competing cloud compute providers
• Proven broad level knowledge of enterprise technologies such as;
• Unix, Microsoft and Linux operating systems
• Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Citrix, OpenStack)
• VoIP and IPT technologies (Cloud, OnPrem, Hybrid)
• CASB products, cloud and shadow IT protection products
• WAN and SDWAN (MPLS, CE-CE NNIs, aggregation networks, extended reach, ADSL, EFM), LAN, WLAN, MAN, SDWAN, SASE, LTE, 5G
• Data Centre technologies
• Security and security concepts (Firewalls, Remote Access, DMZs, etc)
• Cloud Compute offerings (Amazon, Azure, Google, Open Telekom Cloud)
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
Money does not make you happy, but it calms your nerves. Besides an attractive salary, bonus payments are also possible in this job.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
Well insured - our offer to all employees includes an employer-financed life insurance.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
Employee Assistance Program
Our cooperation with the consentiv Employee Assistance Service enables anonymous and free advice on professional and private matters - without long waiting times and with strict confidentiality.
Deutsche Telekom Global Business Solutions is responsible for serving Deutsche Telekom’s business customers around the world and provides a full array of integrated connectivity solutions to our customers, including Software-Defined Networking, MPLS/IPLS services, Enterprise mobility, advanced network management, network‐based security, unified communications and collaboration and consulting services.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.