Machine Learning Scientist (Recommendation Engine)
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300+ enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated machine learning engineer, with a focus on recommender systems for our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
What will you do?
Deliver machine learning components and pipelines into real-time production systems at large scale (millions of DT customers).
Work closely with business to understand the problem space, identify the opportunities and formulate potential solution hypotheses.
Use machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques and other methods to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions increasing our customers satisfaction.
Extract, and analyze relevant information from large amounts of data and derive useful insights.
Work with software engineering teams to deliver production systems with your ML models
Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation (including online A/B testing) and model implementation based on state-of-the-art (open-source) libraries and components
Build and maintain innovative machine learning model training, scoring & evaluation libraries - for use in production environment
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling and analysis, where knowledge in deep learning and reinforcement learning is a plus
- Working knowledge of recommendation algorithms (next-best-action, content ranking, content recommendations)
- Experience in developing and delivering end-to-end solutions (moving beyond pure data science), preferable based on real world distributed systems
- Proficiency with data systems, ML Tools, workflow tools (such as KubeFlow, or Airflow) and at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Knowledge around Apache Spark is a plus
- Ability to deliver with limited guidance, working on problems that are not structured
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. version control (Git/GitLab), unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- Master (MSc) in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or another related field
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
About the Team
You will be part of a cross-functional team in AI One Conversation project which plans to personalize & individualize customer interaction for Deutsche Telekom’s customers across different touchpoints (e.g. Website, App, Call Center, in-shop, TV product, etc.). AI One conversation is the tool for extensive customer experience with predictive, proactive and personalized responses to all our customers.
We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture for 360-degree contextualized information about our customers, including what they did on our websites, in the apps, what they talked about with our call center or customer care, etc., to really “know” our customers and be able to better individualize our interaction for them.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.