As manager Finance you are responsible for the execution and coordination of the financial steering of the LBU T-Systems Netherlands. You manage and execute the business goals of the accounting an controlling teams. As part of the business unit senior management team, you proactively challenge the business with alternative business strategies and tactics that maximize value, either through lower cost, greater efficiency or greater revenue potential.
One of your main focus areas is managing the cost base of the LBU, both through proactive commercial analysis and support and through hands on commercial management of key supplier relationships.
You report to the VP Finance and Controlling and support the general management of the financial KPIs.
- Financial management - Manage the planning, control and budgeting processes for the LBU
- Control and Integrity - Maintain a strong financial control environment and integrity of ledger inputs and financial statements and ensure the control environment complies with the respective guidelines
- Accounting processes - Maintain the accounting policies for the business unit. Ensure that the practical application of policies is consistent with Group policies and IFRS as well as local GAAP
- Team management - Manage the Financial Control and Accounting teams (10 FTE)
- Business support - Work with all business unit heads to determine and implement the right structure for business systems support and processes to support the current and future needs of the company.
- Reviews - Manage the preparation of monthly management business and account reviews. Drive efficiencies into this process through periodic review of closing processes and consideration of automation
- Financial reporting requirements - Meet all group and statutory financial reporting requirements and manage the external audit process for the business unit
- Cost Control - Maintain strong cost control e.g. through monthly variance analysis for all cost types
- System Control - Maintain efficient transaction processing systems and procedures
- Financial Control - Maintain strong financial control over capital projects through variance analysis, ensuring budget holders have accountability for the projects
- Change Leadership - Participate in our change team, driving change in the organization, advocating and demonstrating the behavior and attitude steered by our Guiding Principles.
I am T - Count on me
Stay Curious and Grow
Delight our Customers
Act with Respect and Integrity
Team together - Team apart
Get Things done
- Proven track record in Manager Finance role, preferably in an international matrix environment
- Broad people management experience - ability to lead and motivate a team with a good degree of autonomy and initiative
- Quality of experience that demonstrates independent thought, intellectual rigour, and a high level of personal ownership and drive to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate effectively in a pressured commercial environment, dealing with strong personalities and conflicting interests, and working to tight deadlines
- The ability to effectively balance attention to detail against the bigger picture
- An understanding of the Telecommunications and IT sectors
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate financial points to non-financial people across various functions and at various levels within the company
- Change management skills.
- Pro-active and Can do mentality, hands on with outward mindset.
- Excellent Dutch and English language speaking and writing skills. German would be advantageous.
Please note that employee screening is part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Leadership, motivation and development play a central role for us. With the responsibility for a team, this job brings all this as a task.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
No annoying search for a parking space - we offer parking spaces at the office building or very close to our offices.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
T-Systems was founded in 2000, when Deutsche Telekom acquired a 50.1% stake of Debis Systemhaus, one of the largest IT services companies in Germany at the time. With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 37,900 employees, and external revenue of EUR 6.8 billion (2019), T-Systems is one of the world’s leading cross manufacturer digital service provider with an European headquarter which is becoming the leading ICT provider through expertise and growth.
T-Systems guides customers on the way to digitalization. T-systems wants to take advantage of the opportunities presented by digitalization together with their customers. As a company T-systems offers integrated solutions for corporate customers. At this subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, everything comes from one source: from secure operation of existing systems and conventional IT and telecommunication services to transformation into the cloud, including international networks. From demand-oriented infrastructure, platforms, and software, down to new business models and innovation projects in the Internet of Things. The basis for this is the global reach of landline and mobile communications, high-security data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem with standardized platforms, worldwide partnerships, and the highest security.
T-Systems Netherlands has 320 employees divided over two locations, Utrecht and Rijswijk. Our guiding principles are Delight our customers, Get things done, Act with respect & integrity, Team together – team apart, I am T count on me and Stay curious and grow. These guiding principles connect and challenge us every day. They also form the basis for our company culture which characterizes as technically oriented, innovation and quality focused, people-centric, trustworthy and Proud to be T-Systems.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.