- T-Systems Limited
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Projects
T-Systems Ltd operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations and public sector institutions.
We want to recruit the best people for our business. Our industry is exciting; our customers are becoming more and more digital and need different and innovative new solutions.
T-Systems Ltd is pursuing the mission to shape the future of a connected business world and society by creating added value for customers, employees and investors through innovative ICT solutions in major trends like Cyber Security, Big Data or the Internet of Things.
We are building a value driven and inclusive business to help us be number one in our market and therefore we want to attract and retain our talent. Our business is stronger for it and we have more ideas, greater creativity and amazing people driving us forward and in meeting our customers diverse needs.
- Utlilise proprietary technology and methodology to create a repeatable high value outcome for customer
- Deliver and develop development skills in the area of content migration & integration
- Deliver short term migration/integration projects based on solution defined by an architect working closely with the development team
- Demonstrate forward thinking, innovation and initiative in order to deliver high quality solutions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop and support content migration/integration projects and/or deliver services, meeting both industry and T-Systems delivery standards and to satisfy the requirements of the Customer
- To work as part of a self motivated project delivery team
- To keep up-to-date with the latest migration, integration and collaboration technologies ensuring efficient and relevant solution development and support
- Understand and use all quality and relevant general procedures issued by the company.
- Provide development skills working with requirements specifications from Solution Architects
- Support other team members to ensure security, recoverability and data integrity are catered for
- Develop and deliver software solutions or services within estimated time and budget
Challenges and Complexities
- Ensure that all project methodology is followed, that documentation is maintained to a high standard throughout the project, and to ensure that the project stakeholder briefing is completed in detail on completion of all projects
- To lead and promote a collaborative sharing of knowledge and subject matter expertise with all members of the migration practice, and all strategic partners
- To maintain a good overall knowledge and understanding of current methodologies, technologies and services as contracted by Customers and as promoted by the Company whilst maintaining an awareness of future trends within the market place.
- Adherence to relevant ITIL Service Management processes
Skills & Experience Required:
Degree or HND (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Information Systems
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar position, preferably within a digital/CMS/ECM environment
- Proven communications skills: written and verbal
- Ability to work self-motivated as part of a Solution Development team
- Basic relevant Applications Development & Test experience in line with Software Engineering methodologies within the industry
- XML (XSLT / XPath)
- Web Servers (IIS / Apache)
- Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- Web Protocols (TCP / HTTP / SSL)
- Server Side Scripting (Python / ASP.Net / JSP)
- Principles of OOP
Personal skills/Managerial knowhow and human relations:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels within Customer organisations. In particular, effective telephone skills and the ability to manage Customer expectations (including occasionally anger management) are vital
- Able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines and thrive on challenging problems
- Ability to react quickly to rapidly changing circumstances and to manage priorities accordingly
- Flexibility of hours is expected to ensure that urgent/important calls are resolved same day if required and that sufficient staff cover is provided during the contracted service window (daily rota) period
- Update, and use, the knowledge base to manage and resolve incidents and support problem resolution in a pro-active and consistent manner
At T-Systems in the UK, we deliver our customers end-to-end IT and telecommunications solutions from corporate voice and data networks to full-spectrum IT solutions and business process outsourcing. Our local and global expertise in information and communications technology coupled with our extensive investments in world leading ICT solutions position us as true leaders in our field. With offices in London, Milton Keynes and Hatfield and other satellite sites across the UK, we make sure we remain close to our customers. And, with extensive reach across the globe, we can also meet their demands on an international scale.