MSSQL Database Administrator (Budapest)
- IT Services Hungary
- Budapest, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Languages Required:
- English, German
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Projects
ICT / IT Development
ICT / IT Operations
• You will support various versions of Microsoft SQL servers (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016) on various platforms (Private and/or Cloud) for multiple international companies.
• You will be part of a team implementing the existing best practices in database management in a PaaS mode (platform support, installation, administration, monitoring, optimization).
• You will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support, access management, patch management. Providing on-call support if required.
• You will manage HA and DR capabilities in SQL environment, including replication and clustering technologies.
• You will do performance tuning, alerting & monitoring, server configuration.
• You will participate in migration projects (cloud migrations).
• Incident Management & Change Management (using HPE Service Manager)
- At least 3-year experience with MsSQL server usage/support.
- Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English and/or German.
- Basic experience in Windows platforms (experience with Active Directory)
- Experience with DR solutions (including Physical Cluster and Always-on AG technology)
- Customer focused attitude and communications.
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Team player attitude, ability to learn quickly and pro-activity.
- Microsoft SQL-Server certification in advantage.
- Experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL and other open-source databases.
- ITIL knowledge is an advantage
What we can offer:
- usage of multitude of e-learning platform licenses (Udemy, Netacademia, internal SkillPort portal)
- getting to know new, cutting-edge technologies used in IT Operations
- working in a multi-culture, multi-customer environment
- taking part in large-scale migration projects
IT Services Hungary is Hungary’s largest ICT employer and the Hungarian affiliate of T-Systems International. As a critical link in the international production chain of T-Systems, IT Services Hungary is the most dynamically developing IT service centre in Hungary. It has won the ‘Investor of the Year’ award twice, in 2008 and in 2015. From among the wide range of IT and telecommunications consulting services, the company focuses on the innovation, management and outsourcing of IT solutions, as well as development and systems integration. The company is constantly developing its sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged, and welcomes applications from career-starter and experienced IT specialists.