As a Network Engineer you are responsible for the development, configuration and the maintenance of our network in accordance with the functional specifications established to support the business. For example, the Network Engineer develops all components in the network in such a way that they are easy to use and work well together. Consider printers, but also e-mail services and the server.
In managing day to day operations, you oversee monitoring, changes in configuration and issue resolution. To ensure that the network and communications infrastructure has the capacity, speed and security required for the present as well as strategic needs of the business, you are involved in procurement, and retirement of network devices and software.
You help outline a future network and maintain current networks, performing tests to make sure the network works perfectly. You also install new elements in the network and advises on conditions for the optimal functioning of the network. Since our network is a vital part of our company, you like predictivity and collaboration with our international colleagues.
- Network operations - End-to-end responsible for the operations of the network.
- Monitoring - analyze network traffic, usage and trends.
- Hands-on – Hans on network support
- Configuration – Configuration of switches and perform NW testing
- Translating design -Translating high level design into low level design
- Implementation - Writing implementation plan for changes, looking at details, first time right
- Change management - Writing and implementing detailed changes (runbook steps), working according to T-Systems processes
- Projects - Participate in projects like opening and closure of offices
Job requirements (Skills, knowledge, behaviour)
- Proven track record in network engineer role, preferably in an international environment
- Problem solving - independently identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and ask for help when needed;
- In control and predictive – you know the risks and opportunities for our network and solve problems before they occur.
- Good skills in network environments
- Good communication skills
- Proven track record in implementing network security
- Preferred experience with Fortinet products
- Broad knowledge of network, lines, integration & protocols; CCNA level
- Experience with migrations CMO to FMO
- Flexible in time
- Professional, creative and result oriented
- Show initiative
- Fluent in Dtuch and English
Please note that employee screening is part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
What we offer
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
T-Systems was founded in 2000, when Deutsche Telekom acquired a 50.1% stake of Debis Systemhaus, one of the largest IT services companies in Germany at the time. With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 37,900 employees, and external revenue of EUR 6.8 billion (2019), T-Systems is one of the world’s leading cross manufacturer digital service provider with an European headquarter which is becoming the leading ICT provider through expertise and growth.
T-Systems guides customers on the way to digitalization. T-systems wants to take advantage of the opportunities presented by digitalization together with their customers. As a company T-systems offers integrated solutions for corporate customers. At this subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, everything comes from one source: from secure operation of existing systems and conventional IT and telecommunication services to transformation into the cloud, including international networks. From demand-oriented infrastructure, platforms, and software, down to new business models and innovation projects in the Internet of Things. The basis for this is the global reach of landline and mobile communications, high-security data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem with standardized platforms, worldwide partnerships, and the highest security.
T-Systems Netherlands has 320 employees divided over two locations, Utrecht and Rijswijk. Our guiding principles are Delight our customers, Get things done, Act with respect & integrity, Team together – team apart, I am T count on me and Stay curious and grow. These guiding principles connect and challenge us every day. They also form the basis for our company culture which characterizes as technically oriented, innovation and quality focused, people-centric, trustworthy and Proud to be T-Systems.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.