WE SHAPE THE DIGITAL WORLD TO BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER – APPLY NOW!
NFVI Infrastructure Engineer Slovakia
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o.
- Bratislava, Slovakia
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- 3-5 years
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
Technology and Networks
ICT / IT Projects
ICT / IT Operations
ICT / IT Development
ICT / IT Consulting
- Capacity management for provided resources, like networking, RAM, CPU, Storage, etc. (based on Contract Manager’s over-all monitoring of load of HW-resources)
- HW-related tasks (e.g. regular exchange of outdated hardware, exchange of defective hardware, but not event-triggered, …)
- Validation of new equipment (hardware and software) to meet the predefined standards (SLA profiles)
- Accountable for the set-up, management and support of the datacenter tools and virtualization functionality (that means e.g. monitoring, enable 1st line operations and execute 2nd level incident management, as well as problem-, change-management, terminate and retire old tools, …)
- Tool examples: Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM, e.g. Openstack, VMware), monitoring tools (e.g. for alarming, capacity, load, performance, …)
- Perform integration and validation taks for datacenter equipment and tools
- Monitoring/tracking performance of systems, dimensioning, and capacity planning with respect to future needs
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the techn. Documentation
KPIs / Key deliverables:
- Development and operations of infrastructure components for network function virtuaization in DT’s data centers
- Provide and manage the lifecycle of physical infrastructure and virtualized resources, hosted within the datacenters.
- Design and operations support (2nd line) for one of the following four data center focus areas: IT and network infrastructure, storage, cloudOS and SDN controller.
- Budget responsibility: No
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
- More than 3 years experience in area of data center infrastructure and virtualization technologies with focus on one of the following knowledge areas IT hardware, networking hardware and SDN, Storage or CloudOS.
- English – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication);
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Main interfaces for the position: internal PanNet employees, other PanNet companies, DT, external 3rd parties
- Excellent team player and motivator
Other soft skills, competences:
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication
Excellent understanding and practical experience in at least one of the following infrastrcutre domains
- IT hardware: x86 server architectures. Hypervisors (KVM), Intel DPDK, acceleration technologies, e.g. SR-IOV
- Networking: Data center network equipment for spine, TOR and BOR switches from major vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Huawei) and SDN controllers (e.g. OpenContrail)
- Storage: solutions for block and object storage including high-availability concepts, e.g. Ceph.
- CloudOS: opensource and commercial solutions, e.g. OpenStack or VMWare
- Candidates with relevant certification preferred, e.g. CCNP/Data Center
- Good general understanding of cloud platform architectures:Compute, Network and Storage Infrastructure Cloud OS, Operation SW and Hypervisors IP Services Public/Private Cloud Architectures Application orchestration SDN, CEPH CI/CD processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git, Ansible etc.)
- Knowledge of network hardware, TCP/IP, routing, switching, network security.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
By replying to the job offer, I hereby grant company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Jarabinková 1, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) the consent with processing of my personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in my CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that I am applying for. This consent is granted for definite period of 6 months.
My personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling. My personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. My personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
In connection with the processing of my personal data the Company provides me with the following information:
Please be informed that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to delete your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your consent, or if you withdraw your consent during the selection process, we cannot process your personal data and thus you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net, s.r.o. - established within Pan IP program is a company which will steer and manage the whole pan-European Network. From Bratislava, this company will be the first point of contact regarding all overarching matters of the national companies with respect to the pan-European Network.
Being the key entry gate for requirements towards Pan-Net portfolio, we will manage a common service production catalogue, establish new processes and operating models, combining assets and resources to create services for the national companies.
To achieve all this we are building a new, cross-functional and truly international team.