Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer (Budapest)
- Deutsche Telekom IT & Telecommunications Hungary Kft.
- Budapest, Hungary
- Job level:
- Young Professional
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Development
- Design, develop, test and implement RPA bots
- Develop system requirements, support system implementation of RPA bots
- Development of user stories
- Documentation in JIRA
- Quality Gate inspection
- Evaluate and automate customer demands (internal processes/workflows) while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide on-going support including process changes, defect fixes, software upgrades, performance tuning, and RPA bot administration.
- Document and maintain process automation documents and technical specifications.
- Key player between business and IT facilitating business requirements definition and gathering.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (English - must have, German - nice to have).
- Strong Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
- Proficient in requirements gathering.
- Proficient in test plan preparation and execution.
- Any relevant experience in programming (including scripting /coding), SQL and relational databases, and application development
- Experience with Process Analysis, Design, and Implementation, Business and Technical requirements, Problem-Solving, and System(s) Testing, including UAT and Bug fixes
- Experience with Visio and MS Project
- Experience working in SCRUM or Kanban within SAFe 4.x
- Hands on experience on RPA tools and Cognitive platforms (Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Redwood, Open Span, WorkFusion etc.)
- Experience in any of the following programming languages C/C++, Python, VB Script, Ruby, Java, JS, .Net
- Experience with tools like NICE, Nuance, OCR tools, Enterprise Systems SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Custom Apps, ITSM Tools Service Now, BMC Remedy, Jira etc., automation platforms/ frameworks/ tools.
Present in the market under the Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions brand name, IT-Services Hungary (ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group and is the largest ICT employer in Hungary. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 4500 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.