Security DevOps Engineer
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
The position covers administration, development and operations of cloud platforms with focus on security. Our platform stack is heavily oriented on open-source. Applicant should be familiar with cloud technologies, principles of Infrastructure as a Code, virtualization and containers.
Daily activities include the whole DevSecOps stack, improving existing architecture, introducing changes, testing and ensuring reliable operation of various systems for internal customer.
What we offer:
- Pan-European company footprint and stable career path
- Continual adopting of new technologies and best place for personal development
- Dynamic and enthusiastic working environment
- Partial remote working
- Modern company culture - Slack, ChatOps, automation where possible
- University/Master degree in Computer Science preferred or relevant technical experties
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
- Previous hands-on experience in cloud environment
- English language - fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Communication skills – excellent
- Result oriented
- Ability to multitask in a busy and demanding environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
Other soft skills, competences:
- Strategic thinking
- Highly collaborative
- Experience in cloud technologies, Docker, public and/or private clouds, e.g. Openstack
- Experience or high interest in data management, message buses, processing of large data volumes (logs and metrics), ideally experienced in Apache Kafka
- Experience in CICD, automation and git
- Understanding of DevOps and GitOps principles
- Willingness to learn cutting edge technologies
- Python coding
- Configuration automation - Ansible
- Experience in Kubernetes and GitLab
- Any golang coding or scripting experience
- Familiar with log management, metrics collection systems and/or datalakes
- Cloud based platform monitoring
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe.
Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
"We enable smart digital societies" – as essential part of DT strategy. To successfully implement the strategy, we want to enable a flexible and easy setup of projects to explore and develop new products and services. That's why DT group launched the Innovation Hub. The Innovation Hub consists of the six Chapters Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Design / User Experience and Hardware Development.
It bundles all necessary competencies for future innovation projects within the division Technology & Innovation. The specialists, who are organized in competence centers, are flexibly and effectively used in innovation projects and increase the innovative strength of the Group - in products, technologies and methods.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.