Senior Architect - Public Cloud (Budapest)
- IT Services Hungary
- Budapest, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Languages Required:
- English, German
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Operations
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
As "Senior Architect Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and container technology based on OpenStack. You are able to understand the network concept and interoperability of high availability. You drive the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You will work with the architects of key customers and be a trusted advisor for public cloud technology.
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack - future PaaS/SaaS features (e.g. Serverless, Edge, Hybrid, AI) of the Open Telekom Cloud using agile development methods (DevOps) in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You further develop the platform architecture and advocate a vendor-independent build and installation pipeline.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with Software-Defined Storage or Networking.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Exceptionally deep expert knowledge of software architecture.
- Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Experience with common OpenSource Config-Management Tools.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT service company in Hungary, subsidiary of T-Systems International. As an important member of the international T-Systems network IT Services Hungary is the most dynamic IT service centers in Hungary which won the Investor of the Year Award in 2008. Within a broad portfolio of ICT consultation services, ITSH concentrates on the management and outsourcing of IT solutions, and also development and system integration. The company continuously develops its sites in Budapest and Debrecen, and provides job opportunities for IT professionals.