Senior Bid Manager
The Senior Bid Manager owns and manages the bid process and bid deliverables, and is responsible for developing bid strategies to reflect customer key objectives, in line with T-Systems policy. The main focus is on winning profitable opportunities. The Senior Bid Manager is accountable for delivering professional value responses and qualified proposals together with the team on schedule for large global and national customers. He/she will have a key role in increasing the win/lost bid ratio and in providing excellent bid qualification, bid strategy, bid risk management and bid production while using existing tools, methodologies and techniques.
One of the main areas of focus of the Senior Bid Manager is to keep teams aligned and reduce obstacles with respect to bids and sales. Close alignment is also kept with the international bid community. Within the team, the Senior Bid Manager is accountable for the resourcing of Bid Managers on bids, and mid- to long term skill development of the Bid Management team, in cooperation with the international bid community.
With this role you will have a great impact within T-Systems as managed bids are a crucial part of our growth strategy. At any time you and your team are working on 5-10 bids, with a total of 20-30 bids a year. You are the linking pin between the international bid community, T-Systems in the Netherlands and your bid team, and you drive the execution of our win strategy. T-Systems works with Agile methodologies.
- Providing Bid Management Expertise - Provide bid management expertise within the company in using and pushing the existing environment including methodologies, processes, tools, techniques, rules and collaterals. Providing pro-active guidance during the bid cycle on the best practices to build quality solutions & proposals, which are deliverable.
- Preparation and Kick off - Prepare the bid according to the agreed win strategy, defined methodology and in alignment with internal and/or external stakeholders and relevant policies and procedures. This may involve acquiring budget approval and required resources as well as supporting the sales owner in determining the win strategy and successful bid qualification (including bid decision process reviews)
- Execution - Monitor and control the bid execution. Develop bespoke propositions to fit with complex customer requirements. Consider all aspects of the customer solution commercially, technically, legally, operationally, financially to ensure business objectives of the customer are met. The objectives of the customer are met in accordance with the agreed win strategy and compliant to the internal approval and compliancy policies and procedures.
- Risk Management – Identify, manage and mitigate relevant contractual, financial, operational, technical risks in line with policy and procedures and in cooperation with the stakeholders in such a way that risk for T-Systems is within acceptable limits and align with involved portfolio units.
- Handover - In case of successful contract execution, transfer the outcome (the agreed contract) to the internal organization consisting of transition, delivery and finance and controlling.
- Quality – to assure highest possible level of solutioning and pricing is processed for overall competitiveness of the bid(s).
- Team Coordinator – Coordinate the day to day operational activities of the Bid Management team (3FTE) , including budgets and achievement of operational and personal KPIs. Play an active role in coaching the team and makes suggestions for improvement and reports on progress. Helps build a professional and stabile Bid Management team.
- Change Leadership - Participate in our change team, driving change in the organization, advocating and demonstrating the behavior and attitude steered by our Guiding Principles:
I am T - Count on me
Stay Curious and Grow
Delight our Customers
Act with Respect and Integrity
Team together - Team apart
Get Things done
- 10+ years of experience and a proven track record in bid management.
- Knowledge of developments and trends in the ICT market.
- Verifiable experience with the following types of deals: IT Services regarding Infrastructure, Cloud and Outsourcing > 10M EUR TCV.
- Track record working with local/regional bid teams with budgets in excess of 250.000 EUR.
- At a minimum, candidate is CF APMP (Foundation) certified and is willing to certify on CP APMP (Practitioner).
- Project management skills (knowledge about PM BoK or PRINCE2 is a preferred).
- Familiar with sales methodologies.
- Proven influencing- and writing skills/hands on experience with influencing methodologies.
- Sales driven mentality and customer driven attitude.
- Experienced in communicating with and presenting to customer audiences.
- Comfortable with involvement and negotiations at (customer) board level.
- Team player: building bridges, bringing people and teams together through attitude and outward mindset.
- Creative thinker.
- Familiar with working in an International matrix organization and in an Agile environment.
- Excellent Dutch and English language speaking and writing skills. German is preferred.
Please note that employee screening is part of the selection procedure.
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
No annoying search for a parking space - we offer parking spaces at the office building or very close to our offices.
T-Systems was founded in 2000, when Deutsche Telekom acquired a 50.1% stake of Debis Systemhaus, one of the largest IT services companies in Germany at the time. With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 37,900 employees, and external revenue of EUR 6.8 billion (2019), T-Systems is one of the world’s leading cross manufacturer digital service provider with an European headquarter which is becoming the leading ICT provider through expertise and growth.
T-Systems guides customers on the way to digitalization. T-systems wants to take advantage of the opportunities presented by digitalization together with their customers. As a company T-systems offers integrated solutions for corporate customers. At this subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, everything comes from one source: from secure operation of existing systems and conventional IT and telecommunication services to transformation into the cloud, including international networks. From demand-oriented infrastructure, platforms, and software, down to new business models and innovation projects in the Internet of Things. The basis for this is the global reach of landline and mobile communications, high-security data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem with standardized platforms, worldwide partnerships, and the highest security.
T-Systems Netherlands has 320 employees divided over two locations, Utrecht and Rijswijk. Our guiding principles are Delight our customers, Get things done, Act with respect & integrity, Team together – team apart, I am T count on me and Stay curious and grow. These guiding principles connect and challenge us every day. They also form the basis for our company culture which characterizes as technically oriented, innovation and quality focused, people-centric, trustworthy and Proud to be T-Systems.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.