Senior Engineer Hardware Public Cloud (m/f/d)
As a "Senior Engineer Hardware Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and
hardware technology. You are driving the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the
Open Telekom Cloud in the interests of customers and the open source community.
This includes the following tasks:
· You take care of the structured expansion of our data centers with new Hardware
· You ensure the safe operation of our platform despite hyper-scale growth
· You coordinate service providers, e.g. for construction, maintenance and data protection services
· You qualify new hardware and develop standards for Server, Storage and Network Hardware for rollout
in our data centers
· You are responsible for accurate asset management
· You take care of site management in our data centers
· You develop the Hardware architecture of the platform in cooperation with the manufacturer
· You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation
· You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the
technology topics of public cloud, open source and security
· You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions
· Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a
comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience
· 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT area, ideally with a focus on modern cloud
technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based) and in-depth experience in building and
operating data centers
· In-depth knowledge of Server, Storage and Network Equipment in data centers
· Many years of experience in at least two of the following areas: enterprise server solutions, enterprise
storage solutions, rack-level power design / management, complex network cabling design
· In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the
necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with
· In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and
Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies
· Very good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration
of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps)
· Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA,
· In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting
languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice
· Knowledge in automation, e.g. Ansible
· Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken. German is a strong plus
· You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our
Your application to job advertisements outside of Deutsche Telekom AG may also be processed outside
of Deutsche Telekom AG in other countries in Europe. This also applies to the processing of applications
to subsidiaries of Deutsche Telekom AG. We would therefore like to make our employees with civil
servant status aware of the following: you are not obligated to include documents relevant to your
personnel records, in particular civil servant assessments. However, you are free to provide these
documents on a voluntary basis.
This position is also available on part-time basis.
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
For job-related questions please contact Oana Dumitru (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Every year again... - we are happy to give our employees an additional gift in the form of a Christmas bonus.
Well insured - our offer to all employees includes an employer-financed life insurance.
As Portfolio Unit Public Cloud Managed Services of T-Systems, ICT and digitization are part of our DNA.
Whether operational ICT business or cloud transformation, individual services or end-to-end solutions -
we accompany our customers safely through all stages of their transformation. Because we understand
what it takes to prepare our customers for the digital future with innovative solutions.
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and
large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate
agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as
innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be
successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in
which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward
with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative
methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in
the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently
focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack
Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and
quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly
innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great
deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
23 Locations Show all locations
- Barcelona Sancho de Ávila 110-130
- Gijón LOS PRADOS. ED.C.TEC 166
- La Coruña POCOMACO PARCELA E36 NAV3
- Leon VIRGEN DE LOS IMPOS. 216
- Madrid ORDUÑA 2
- Martorell N-II KM. 585
- Oviedo PALACIO VALDES 15
- Palma de Mallorca GREMI FUSTERS 33
- Santander LA ALBERICIA 41
- San Sebastian ILLARRA DE ESTRADA 111
- Avila JORGE RUIZ DE SANTAY 20
- Vitoria P. CLEMENTE ARRAIZ 3
- Ansóain AIZOAIN 10
- Bilbao MADARIAGA 1
- Coslada ISLANDIA 10-12 10
- Móstoles DE LAS NIEVES ED.RN 37
- Pamplona LANDABEN
- Reus CAMI DE VALLS 81
- Seville DE LA ESCLUSA 11
- Valencia CORTES VALENCIANAS 58
- Vigo OPORTO 10
- Zaragoza ALFONSO I 24
- Granada Avda. Del Conocimiento s/n
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.