Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300 enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer for our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, in order to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
What will you do?
- Act as a technical thought leader by advising the product owner on technical decisions, engaging with other engineers and or/architects and by coaching junior colleagues
- Analyze requirements provided by product owners, develop concepts and frameworks based on that
- Develop core components for the cloud-hosted platform considering holistic business requirements
- Manage the lifecycle of these components and support their integration into end-to-end use cases
- Write scalable and maintainable code
- Ensure quality in every aspect of your work, from writing and maintaining documentation, doing code reviews or testing
- Collaborate with other teams in an international environment
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Strong DevOps skills / Expert knowledge in continuous Integration and Delivery with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab etc
- Expert knowledge of network and architectural design using micro-services (API
- Expert knowledge in requirements management
- Knowledge of full web application / mobile development life cycle and mobile SDKs
- Strong knowledge of test automation and test-driven development
- Strong experience in agile software development (Scrum). Experience in working in scaled agile environments (i.e. multiple agile teams working on one product / platform) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in cloud native development. Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with event driven architecture / technologies (Kafka)
- Understanding of data analytics and ML workflows
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What else we offer
- Open and friendly working environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Health insurance
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
About the Team
You will be part of cross-functional agile team which will develop core components for our smart TV services. This involves building an AI enabled recommendation engine and/or integration with other services within Deutsche Telekom ecosystem.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.