Senior Sales Manager IoT (New Business)
In this exciting role, you will be part of a global IoT (Internet of Things) organization within Deutsche Telekom Global Business and building our IoT business in The UK and Ireland.
The main responsibilities include creating new leads (hunting), managing the leads, and closing the opportunity in line with our jointly developed go-to-market strategy.
You will be winning Enterprise customers with managed global IoT connectivity services (2G, 3G, LTE etc.) and upsell them towards IoT services (solutions business). On your own, or together with partners, you will be identifying local accounts with global IoT connectivity needs and establish a long-term relationship to them.
• Identify high potential leads, converting these leads to pipeline and winning deals
• Build a strong relationship to decision makers and budget owners
• Develop and execute sales strategies to win new business opportunities
• Use case and business case development with and for customers, to support their innovation projects in the IoT area
• Generate and present ideas of value creating IoT use cases to potential customers
• Work with local Deutsche Telekom sales teams (Deutsche Telekom Global Business Solutions, T-Systems) to leverage potential of existing customer base
• Build a strong and sustainable sales pipeline including the set-up of a forecast
• Regular reporting and documentation of status and sales strategy
• Understand competition and reinforce DT’s unique selling points
• Develop and present customer individual proposals as well as contracts together with Presales and other expert teams
• Represent DT IoT at conferences, fairs, and other valuable events
• Experience in New Business Sales (B2B) with proven track records, incl. deals of > 1m€ TCV
• Experience in working in sales positions within a Telco, MNO or MVNO company or similar enterprise
• Experience in the IoT/M2M environment (connectivity and platforms)
• Experience in negotiating contracts on senior executive level
• Knowledge in business case calculation, commercial model and ROI calculation
• Strong expertise in local market requirements
• Working experience in an international / intercultural team and a virtual organization
• Excellent relationship skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Fluent English communication skills (verbally and in writing)
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
Money does not make you happy, but it calms your nerves. Besides an attractive salary, bonus payments are also possible in this job.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
Well insured - our offer to all employees includes an employer-financed life insurance.
Deutsche Telekom Global Business Solutions is responsible for serving Deutsche Telekom’s business customers around the world and provides a full array of integrated connectivity solutions to our customers, including Software-Defined Networking, MPLS/IPLS services, Enterprise mobility, advanced network management, network‐based security, unified communications and collaboration and consulting services.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Senior Sales Manager IoT focusing on New Business.
This is a great development opportunity for an individual with the talent and ambition to grow their career within a leading global company. Join us to create an opportunity for yourself to make a significant impact to the future success of an already industry-leading organisation, in it’s fastest growing segment. While we’re respected for our telecommunication heritage we’re investing in the future of technology and future of our employees like no other.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.