WE SHAPE THE DIGITAL WORLD TO BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER – APPLY NOW!
Senior SQL Engineer
- T-Systems Netherlands
The Hague, Netherlands
The Hague, Netherlands
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- 5 years and more
- Languages Required:
- Dutch, English
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Projects
ICT / IT Development
The Senior SQL Engineer demands a highly skilled individual who possesses in-depth expertise on SQL Database technologies and its effective administration. The Senior SQL Engineer must also possess expert experience on Server, OS, Storage and High-Availability technologies.
Accountabilities & Skills
- Active role as a senior SQL Engineer to complex database implementation / landscapes that encompasses variety of technologies.
- Lead consultant to customer’s or project enquiries that are require high level of expertise regarding the technology and the service offering.
- Actively support and provide high level assistance on problem management and workarounds for Operations DBAs.
- Provide expertise for developing new services / solutions that are highly automated and accompanied by appropriate documentation.
- Develop design and working documents for all projects and involve on evergreen process.
- Maintain close relationships with DBA operations, DBA engineering and vendors to provide knowledge sharing on experiences and best practices.
- If needed, develop non-standard solutions for customers and to ensure that documentation, procedures, standards and guidelines comply with engineering standards.
- If needed, participate and provide support on architect/project management in development/design/construction of new services that require database expertise.
- Expert on principles, practices and theories of Database technologies either in legacy or new technology.
- Strong familiarity on operating systems, networking, storage, high availability and monitoring concepts.
- Responsible to deliver consultant service in database performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning (including during ongoing incident escalation).
- Lead identification and root cause analysis of repeating problems and escalation to the responsible party for recovery and future prevention.
- Expert troubleshooting skills solving performance issues, mentoring, training and assist customers in running their database workload at optimal level.
- Understand and adhere to Information Security policies and standards.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and managing stake holder requirements.
- Collaborate closely with global engineering team (Storage, Server and Network) to resolve complex problems.
- Lead and manage root cause analysis between various stake holder and database operation and escalating to the responsible party for recovery and future prevention.
- Strong ability to steer and manage expectation through effective communication.
- The ability to influence others with tactical and strategic communication method to secure cooperation and avoid conflicts.
- Hands-on expertise in security, system performance, troubleshooting, clustering / high availability, and fluent in scripting.
- Participate in on-call rotation to augment DBA Operations during critical incidents.
Qualifications & Behavior
- University degree in IT or equivalent technical or professional qualification with:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a relevant field of activity
- Accreditations like Microsoft certifications are required.
- In-depth knowledge of database design (logical & physical), database architecture.
- Experience managing SQL Server in virtualized environments or “cloud” implementations
- Experience in managing large complicated environments with various types of databases, versions, applications, customers, etc.
- Experience using PowerShell and SQL-SMO to automate tasks
- Possess expert knowledge in Performance Tuning skills and Capacity Planning database technology.
- Prior experience in Application Development environment is an advantage.
- Expert analytical skills and programming techniques.
- Understanding of server and storage technology, e.g. RAID, NAS, Clustering, SAN, snapshot, especially in the area of High Availability.
- Strong communication skills – written and spoken.
- Excellent customer service and centricity skills.
We are a company that is in full development and value entrepreneurship, innovation and people development. In addition to our traditional ICT infrastructure and cloud services, we also assist our clients in the digital transformation. On a daily basis we are working with solutions around IoT, Big Data and Block chain to help our customers in their digital transformation.
T-Systems is 100% owned by Deutsche Telekom Group, one of the world's leading providers of secure and reliable information and communication technology. We have offices in more than 20 countries, 37.500 employees worldwide and in the financial year 2017 we generated 6.9 billion euros in revenue.
T-Systems Netherlands provides innovative and high-quality ICT services with a strong focus on Cloud, Networks, Digitization, IoT and Security & SAP. T-Systems Netherlands have 400 employees divided over three locations, Utrecht , Heerlen and The Hague.
Our key values are Guts, Focus, Power and Proud to be T. These values connect and challenge us every day. Innovation is one of the most important drivers because we want to offer the best solutions to our customers.