Senior SRE / Systems Engineer (for advanced services delivery) (m/f/d)
- Collaborate with architects and application engineers to ensure applications are maintainable, scalable, and follow appropriate disaster recovery and high availability strategies
- Contribute to handbooks, runbooks, and architecture design documents to ensure consistent working methods and transparency between teams
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios and manual operating tasks
- Work in scrum teams alongside architects and product managers to support and deploy new infrastructures and operational requirements
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate manual operational processes
- Build and maintain production systems on AWS using ALB, ELB, WAF’s, S3, Serverless, API’s, Route53, etc. with the use of IaC (Terraform and CloudFormation)
- Leverage deep expertise to plan and lead the deployment of cloud solutions into production environments with the use of CI/CD pipelines
- Contributing to the development of best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Working and collaborating with multi-national teams in an international environment.
- Hold a university degree in computer science, Engineering, or Information Systems
- At least 3 years of experience working in a modern engineering services team where you've built and extended an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Working experiences with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS and VPC, VPN and Route53.
- Sound experience with software engineering processes and tools like Git, GitLab, GitFlow and others
- Familiarity with principles like KISS, YAGNI and DRY
- Professional knowledge of Linux administration, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in setting up and maintaining MySQL / Postgres DBs and web servers like Apache or Nginx
- Expert scripting skills and experience, ideally Python, Bash
- Understanding of IaC and the use of related tools such as: Cloud Formation, Terraform.
- Solid understanding of computer networks (Firewalls, packet inspection, routing, VPN troubleshooting etc.)
- Great interpersonal Skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize work across the team, and lead entire project initiatives
- You can proactively reach out to stakeholders, other teams, collect and clarify requirements
- A one-team attitude and a willingness to work across several, diverse teams
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity; demonstrating an ability to take a nebulous project, talk to the right people, define it, split it up into tasks, distribute work across team members, and ultimately get it done quickly and efficiently
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
The Public Cloud Portfolio Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In this role you will be a Cloud Engineer in our Customer Cloud Engineering Team. You will serve as a technical expert and leader in ensuring our customer´s innovative digital solutions get built on reliable, scalable, resilient, and secure AWS cloud infrastructures. Furthermore, you will play a key role in maturing our customer focused Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices, policies, and tools, to support our ever-growing micro-service deployments on AWS.
You will provide key leadership to help ensure our infrastructure services meet the demands of our fast-paced, dynamic customers. You bring a deep understanding of cloud native architectures, practices, and tools. With a background in software development in/or systems administration, you are as comfortable writing code in Python or Node.js as you are in Bash. You not only understand what Infrastructure as Code is, but also adhere to the best practices. You have experience in moving a customer from start-up to scale, ensuring the foundation and disciplines get developed as the customer grows. You love solving deep technical challenges and proactively improve on earlier iterations. You look to automate manual operations and cringe at the thought of making changes in a web-based console. You'd rather spend your day in an IDE and terminal than a GUI.
Finally, you have solid experience working with agile product teams to deliver enterprise class services and infrastructure, while also managing operational accountabilities. Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people, and bring a positive attitude surrounding the change you can make in the Team. You build people up, not tear them down!
11 Locations Show all locations
- Frankfurt am Main Hahnstr. 43d
- Düsseldorf Am Seestern 3
- Bonn Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140
- Darmstadt Deutsche-Telekom-Allee 1-7
- Leinfelden-Echterdingen Fasanenweg 11
- Wolfsburg Alessandro-Volta-Str. 11
- Dresden Riesaer Str. 5
- Biere Am Schiens/ Welslebener Straße
- Munich Marsplatz 4
- Berlin Holzhauser Str. 4-8
- Hamburg Überseering 2
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.