Senior Virtualization and Cloud Computing Expert (m/w/d)
- Deutsche Telekom Technik GmbH
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- 5 Jahre und mehr
- Working Hours Per Week:
- Languages Required:
- Deutsch, Englisch
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Operations
ICT / IT Development
Technology and Networks
ICT / IT Projects
ICT / IT Consulting
Softwarization incl. programming of network behavior is the foundation of modern, highly automated and ultra-reliable networks. DT as Europe’s leading telco service providers decided to apply data center technologies to run its access network more efficiently.
We are looking for software engineers / architects that bring the enthusiasm to shape DT’s network evolution towards a software-defined operator. Smart execution will make the difference to make the transformation happen, thus we seek for new team members that bring in the ability to develop designs as well as working on their implementation.
- Lead the design, implementation and delivery of DT’s edge and central cloud services in accordance to true cloud native principles
- Ensure these platforms work as “as a service (PaaS)” to support most efficiently and reliably a microservice-based software architecture
- Develop highly complex software with a variety of languages and technologies including Java, C++, Go or Python.
- Actively submit contributions to the open-source community
- Fully automate processes and provisioning of infrastructure to improve continuous integration (CI), delivery and test coverage
- Mentor and coach software engineers (internal and external staff); make sure they are provided with clear instructions of how to approach execution of build tasks as well as quality assuring work (e.g. conduct code checks)
- 7+ years of professional experience developing software in a Linux environment using a language like Java, C++, Go or Python; proven track record in developed production-grade code
- Significant experience in cloud-native programming and architecture; understand crucial high-availability, performance but also maintenance aspects when developing productive software
- Professional experience with automation, DevOps continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or Gitlab
- Professional experience with distributed version control systems like Git
- Good Experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Experience with the open source development process
- Experience with public and private cloud infrastructures
- Fluent English both written and spoken, German skills are beneficial (B2 or better)
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
Deutsche Telekom Technik GmbH
Die Digitale Gesellschaft. Ohne uns nicht möglich. Unsere Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter versorgen sie mit dem besten Netz. Mit einer zuverlässigen und sicheren Infrastruktur. Der Grundlage für Innovationen von morgen. Bei uns gibt´s die beste Aussicht in die digitale Zukunft. Für Sie gleich von Anfang an.