- T-Systems Singapore
- Singapore, Singapore
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Consulting
Legal affairs, Security, Regulations
ICT / IT Operations
- Investigate client events and incident information within the Security Information Event Management platform (IBM QRadar) and internal ticketing systems.
- Proactively research and monitor security-related information sources to aid in the identification of threats to networks, systems, and intellectual property.
- Manage incident responses and promptly coordinate remediation in cooperation with our clients.
- Follow established procedures for the assignment, acceptance and handling of support requests and trouble tickets.
- Continuously improve the SOC services including detection level, process, operational procedures, service efficiency and service reporting.
- Provide recommendations or workarounds to our clients in order to reduce business impacts.
- Perform basic malware analysis and forensic analysis of network activity, disks, and memory.
- Ensure that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated.
- Create reports and visualizations of security attacks.
- Work on the decrease of false positives.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other analysts.
- Completed degree in computer science or related courses of studies.
- 3+ years working within a SOC
- 5+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion analysis.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA); CISM, IISP, or other equivalent Security preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SIEM Systems (IBM QRadar), user and network anomaly analytics, SOAR (The Hyve) integration and MISP Threat Intelligence sharing platform.
- Experience with security device installations, configuration and troubleshooting (e. g., firewall, IDS, etc.)
- Solid systems security exposure and proficiency in at least two Operating Systems (Windows, Linux preferred).
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network and security problems.
- Strong analytical skills in threat, vulnerability, and intrusion detection analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly disciplined, motivated and able to work independently, under direction, or as a member of the team.
- Must be willing to periodically work non-standard hours and be on call.
With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 37,500 employees, and external revenue of 6.9 billion euros (2018), T-Systems is one of the world's leading vendor independent providers of digital services headquartered in Europe.
T-Systems is partnering its customers as they address the digital transformation. The company offers integrated solutions for business customers. The Deutsche Telekom subsidiary offers one-stop shopping: from the secure operation of legacy systems and classical ICT services, the transition to cloud-based services (including international networks, tailored infrastructure, platforms and software) as well as new business models and innovation projects in the Internet of Things. T-Systems can provide all this thanks to its global reach in fixed-network and mobile communications, its highly secure data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem built around standardized platforms and global partnerships, and the ability to offer top levels of security.