Software 3 Chapter Lead
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Chapter Lead. As the Chapter Area Lead, I am looking for a passionate professional to support the already established team of Chapter Leads and take ownership of their own chapter.
- Lead a diverse team of software engineers, fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to the chapter members to help them achieve their professional goals, maximize their potential and win their hearts for our organization.
- Collaborate closely with other chapter leads, promoting effective communication and knowledge sharing across teams.
- Promote and maintain - together with the Chapter Lead team - a strong emphasis on social skills and empathy within the chapter, creating an environment that encourages open dialogue and constructive feedback.
- Ensure that chapter members have a good understanding of software engineering concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Act as a liaison between the chapter and the Tribe Leads (like Project Managers), communicating progress, challenges, and potential solutions.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in the field of software engineering.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits and a flexible work schedule, to attract and retain the best talent. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact, work in an international environment, and take on a leadership role within a dynamic software engineering team, we encourage you to apply. Just as a side note: we are not only part of an amazing company - we are also a pretty cool team to work with!
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.
- University/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical related field
- Experience in field of activity: 5+ years in area of Software Engineering working for a communication service provider, cloud service provider or software vendor.
- Multinational experience: essential
- Managerial experience: experience with coordination and leading teams within multinational environments
- Leadership skills and experience in building and developing high performing teams
- Strong drive for execution, ability to involve and align highly independent decision makers
- Strong track record working in virtual settings across globally distributed teams
- General awareness of modern software engineering
- Most important: be passionate about this people lead responsibility!
- Exceptional social skills and a high level of empathy, with the ability to build strong relationships and foster a positive work environment.
- Proven experience as a leader with a good understanding of software development and related methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex ideas and technical concepts to various stakeholders.
- A passion for mentoring and developing team members, enabling their growth and success.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on finding practical solutions.
- Familiarity with international work environments, understanding and appreciating cultural diversity.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an areas supporting the job. Equivalent work experience will also be taken into consideration.
English language – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Excellent team player and motivator
- Convincing and passionate in communication
- Intercultural skills through and/or international project work track record.
- Strong networking skills
- Successful engagement with customers and key stakeholders.
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us: TDI - Deutsche Telekom where enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
Our highly international teams located across Europe deliver best-in-class cloud, network and IT technologies that win our customers’ hearts! That is why we are a chapter-based organization with a clear focus on the development of our people, while driving the delivery of our products and services in tribes for Deutsche Telekom’s operations in different countries.
… and by the way: we are a damn cool team with quite some spirit!
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. [LP1] : Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Cloud Services entity as a controller. The respective Cloud Services entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EE, having its seat at Fragkoklisias str. 9, 15125 Marousi of Attica, Athens, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services d.o.o. having its seat at Radnicka cesta 21, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Kft. having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Sp. z o.o. having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Cloud Services entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: email@example.com.
- Greece: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romania: email@example.com
- Croatia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hungary: email@example.com
- Poland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.