SON Automation System Engineer
Being the leading European ICT company, Deutsche Telekom undertakes to diminish the distance between the present and the future, people and opportunities. It is our underlying role to provide digital experience to our customers by means of state-of-the-art technologies. For that, we need professionals, who are dedicated to technological advancement, and can contribute by their work to the continuous renewal of ICT.
The goal of the project is Deutsche Telekom Radio Access Network disaggregation and virtualization according to Open Radio Access Network (O-RAN) concept.
We recommend this position to you, if you are interested in the tasks below:
- Developing, designing and improving complex mobile access systems and services with focus on SON & RAN Automation, OAM/SMO in vendor specific and/or cloud environment;
- Installing, configuring and maintaining telco system and corresponding applications;
- Defining use cases for SON, RAN automation, OAM/SMO and cloud systems;
- Performing acceptance testing during development and integration;
- Developing and providing SW elements and scripts supporting the SON & RAN Automation, OAM/SMO and cloud system functions;
- Designing, configuring and maintaining machine learning models and artificial intelligence;
- Maintaining, operating and defining additional functions of test orchestrator and CI/CD platform to be used in verification process;
- Working in international team within the telco corporation and supporting its national affiliates.
We need you, if you are:
- Owner of technical university degree or min. 6 years experience in telco field;
- Skilled in the telco business (radio access) and/or willing to develop;
- Experienced in mobile network optimization with main focus on self-optimizing networks (SON);
- Familiar with SON features as ANR - Automatic Neighbor Relationships algorithm, PCI conflict detection and resolution and similar techniques;
- Multiple programing and scripting languagues;
- Experienced in machine learning and artificial inteligence;
- Capable of fault analyses and fault clearance, including providing technical support;
- Fluent in English in written and spoken form.
You are our ideal candidate being familiar with:
- O-RAN concept;
- 4G and 5G radio network technology especially in mobile network optimization area;
- SON solutions and products;
- ONAP framework;
- Rest interface, workflows, close loop automation;
- NETCONF service protocol and service modelling using YANG data models.
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Connection to public transport
Start your working day relaxed and without stressful rush hour traffic - our location is well connected to public transport and the next stop is just around the corner.
Leadership, motivation and development play a central role for us. With the responsibility for a team, this job brings all this as a task.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Money does not make you happy, but it calms your nerves. Besides an attractive salary, bonus payments are also possible in this job.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions is a part of Deutsche Telekom, one of the biggest European telecommunications companies. Deutsche Telekom has different international subsidiaries in more than 40 countries with over 210 000 employees. Point of production in Russia was founded in 1995, and now it works on challenging projects for such customers as T-Mobile, Shell, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, MAN, DHL, Continental, SBB (Swiss Federal Railways).
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.