Deutsche Telekom in the Czech Republic
Since 1996, Deutsche Telekom has been offering mobile communications services in the Czech Republic through its local T-Mobile subsidiary. A top player among three global operators, T-Mobile has the largest customer base in the Czech Republic and is considered a pioneer in telecommunications.
T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s.
T-Mobile Czech Republic, a member of the international telecommunications group Deutsche Telekom (since 2002), is celebrating its 20th year in operation in the Czech market this year. )With six million mobile customers (Q1/2016), T-Mobile is the number-one operator in the Czech mobile market. Above all, however, T-Mobile is an integrated operator: in addition to telecommunications services, it offers comprehensive ICT solutions not only for companies, but also for other organisations and individuals. It provides outstanding services in the high-speed network and state-of-the-art innovations in technologies.
- Core business: The company is an integrated operator: in addition to mobile and fixed-line telecommunications services, it offers a broad portfolio of IT services and systems-integration solutions for business customers and public administration authorities. T-Mobile has always focused on the quality of its services. Operator has confirmed its position as the leading innovator among the Czech operators. The company has also received a number of specialist awards for innovative ICT solutions, for example within the IT Project of the Year survey.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100 percent
- Customers: 6 million (Q1/2016)
- Revenue: 234 Mio EUR (without ICSS it is 229 Mio EUR), (as of Q1/2016)
- Employees: 3,350 (as of Q1/2016)
- Highlights: Since its establishment, the company has placed emphasis on taking a responsible approach to business and society. T-Mobile has received, among other awards, Employer of the Year, Employer of the Decade, Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities, and the VIA Bona award for the involvement of its employees in philanthropic and volunteer activities.
A founding member of the UN Global Compact network in the Czech Republic, T-Mobile Czech Republic places emphasis on taking a responsible approach to the environment and society. It adheres to fair business practices, helps beneficial applications and services to see the light of day, supports non-profit organisations, small businesses and individuals, and lends a helping hand whenever crisis situations arise. The company’s employees serve as volunteers in many places across the entire Czech Republic.