Deutsche Telekom in the Czech Republic
Since 1996, Deutsche Telekom has been offering mobile communications services in the Czech Republic through its local T-Mobile subsidiary. A top player among three global operators, T-Mobile has the largest customer base in the Czech Republic and is considered a pioneer in telecommunications. Since its establishment, the company has placed emphasis on the quality of offered services, excellent customer service and proper conduct towards business partners, employees, and the environment. Deutsche Telekom has decided to harmonise its activities in the Czech market by moving towards converged solutions that combine fixed and mobile communications with IT services. T-Systems in the Czech Republic became a subsidiary of its present sister company T-Mobile Czech Republic in April 2013 as part of an agreement between T-Systems and T-Mobile Czech Republic on the sale and purchase of 100% of shares. The company will thus remain a part of the Deutsche Telekom group.
T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s.
- Core business: T-Mobile Czech Republic has been operating in the Czech market since 1996.
T-Mobile is the number one operator in the Czech mobile market. The company is an integrated operator: in addition to mobile and fixed-line telecommunications services, it offers ICT and satellite television services. T-Mobile has always focused on the quality of its services. Independent tests have repeatedly confirmed that T-Mobile is the quality leader in 2G and 3G (UMTS FDD) data services, as well as GSM voice services.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 60.77 percent
- Customers: 5.5 million (as of 31 December 2012)
- Revenue: 1.04 billion euros (as of December 31, 2012)
- Employees: 2,850 (as of December 31, 2012)
T-Mobile has received several awards including Employer of the Year, Employer of the Decade, Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities, and the VIA Bona award for involving employees in philanthropic and volunteer activities.
In 2012, the magazine World Finance named T-Mobile Czech Republic the Best Wireless Telecoms Provider in Eastern Europe.
T-Systems Czech Republic a.s.
- Core business: T-Systems Czech Republic offers network oriented ICT solutions and system integration services, implementation and ICT systems operation. It aims at corporate customers, including global multinational groups, important local enterprises and public administration. T-Systems Czech Republic rates among the market leaders in the field of dynamic services and cloud computing for corporate customers on the Czech market and develops far reaching branch solutions, mostly for the power industry, public administration, healthcare and industrial companies. The company has a broad range of expertise and maintains widely respected standards. It also pays close attention to social responsibility. T-Systems Group, as part of the Deutsche Telekom Group, is one of the leading European providers of ICT services and solutions.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent
T-Systems Czech Republic won the "IT project of the year 2012" award. The competition is organized by the Czech IT Association and benefits from the patronage of the Czech Prime Minister.
T-Systems received a distinction for its complex cloud computing solution for the software company Software602