Deutsche Telekom in Slovakia
The Slovak Telekom Group comprises the parent company Slovak Telekom, a. s. (Slovak Telekom) and its subsidiaries Zoznam, s. r. o. (Zoznam), Zoznam Mobile, s. r. o. (Zoznam Mobile), Telekom Sec, s. r. o. (Telekom Sec) and PosAm, spol. s r. o. (PosAm; from January 29, 2010).
Slovak Telekom is the largest Slovak multimedia operator with many years of experience and responsible approach to doing business. The company is an universal operator offering residential and corporate clientele benefits of a comprehensive solution provided from a single source. Telekom brand offers the complex portfolio of voice and data services provided via fixed and mobile network. It also constantly introduces international know-how, innovative solutions and cutting edge technological trends to the market.
Slovak Telekom a.s.
- Core business: Fixed-network telephony, broadband Internet, mobile voice and data, and IPTV/SatTV products and services, as well as ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 51.00 percent
- Revenue: 837 million euros (as of December 31, 2012)
- Customers mobile: 3.8 million (as of December 31, 2012)
- Customers fixed-line: 1.02 million fixed-line accesses, 464,000 fixed broadband accesses, 160,000 Digital TV subscribers (as of December 31, 2011)
- Employees: 3,906 (as of December 31, 2012)
- The first network with HSPA+ 21 Mbps
In March 2011, Slovak Telekom was the first company in Slovakia to start further enhancement of the 3G network, and has gradually extended it from the launch (in three cities: Bratislava, Piešťany, Komárno) to other locations.
- In June 2011, Slovak Telekom opened state-of-the-art data centre in Slovakia
Telekom Data Centre is a unique 5-storey building designed from the very beginning with emphasis on the highest technological, security and environmental standards. The Bratislava Data Centre project underlines Slovak Telekom’s long-term strategy of offering a wide portfolio of ICT services with added value.
- World class Sun and Fun at Magio Beach 2011
For the fifth time, the right bank of the Danube at Tyršovo nábrežie riverside in Bratislava turned into an oasis of peace, active relaxation and entertainment. The Magio Beach, which has become an integral part of the summer in the capital, opened right on Children’s Day.
- Unique World-Wide Test in 3G Network
In cooperation with the parent company Deutsche Telekom, Ericsson and Qualcomm, Slovak Telekom performed the first testing of HSPA+ 42 Mbps technology in single carrier mode. Testing took place in July 2011.
- HSPA+ 42 Mbps
In October 2011, Slovak Telekom became the first operator in Slovakia to launch commercial operation of HSPA+ technology with even higher rates (42 Mbps) and four times higher data upload (5.8 Mbps) in five cities.
- Telekom Brand
In October 2011, Slovak Telekom has introduced an unified Telekom brand for both mobile and fixed networks.
- The first network with HSPA+ 21 Mbps
T-Systems Slovakia s.r.o.
T-Systems Slovakia s.r.o. is a fast-growing company providing services for the ICT sector. The company was established in January 2006 as a subsidiary of T-Systems International. The Slovak company offers services as an outsourcer within the Deutsche Telekom Group, specializing in corporate clientele in Germany, the European Union, and around the world.
- Core business: ICT services in the field of telecommunication systems and computing systems, services for customer operating systems and servers, management of transformation and design of ICT services, research, development and support of strategic development of global companies.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent
- T-Systems Slovakia won Grand Prix from SOPK (April).
- T-Systems Slovakia was named both IT Company of the Year 2011 and Company of the Year 2011.
Thomas Bogdain was appointed new Managing Director.