Deutsche Telekom in Slovakia
The Slovak Telekom Group comprises the parent company Slovak Telekom, a. s. (Slovak Telekom) and its subsidiaries Zoznam, s. r. o. (Zoznam), Zoznam Mobile, s. r. o. (Zoznam Mobile), Telekom Sec, s. r. o. (Telekom Sec) and PosAm, spol. s r. o. (PosAm; from January 29, 2010) and DIGI Slovakia (from September 1, 2013).
Slovak Telekom is the largest Slovak multimedia operator with many years of experience and responsible approach to doing business. The company is an universal operator offering residential and corporate clientele benefits of a comprehensive solution provided from a single source. The Telekom brand offers the complex portfolio of voice and data services provided via fixed and mobile network. It also constantly introduces international know-how, innovative solutions and cutting edge technological trends to the market.
Slovak Telekom a.s.
- Core business: Fixed-network telephony, broadband Internet, mobile voice and data, and IPTV/SatTV products and services, as well as ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 51.00 percent
- Revenue: 828 million euros (as of December 31, 2013)
- Customers mobile: 2.3 million (as of December 31, 2013)
- Customers fixed-line: 922,000 fixed-line accesses, 434,000 fixed broadband accesses, 440,000 TV (IPTV, Sat, Cable) subscribers (as of December 31, 2013)
- Employees: 3,906 (as of December 31, 2013)
Acquisition of DIGI SLOVAKIA (September 2013): Slovak Telekom acquired 100 percent shares of DIGI SLOVAKIA. It operates as an independent legal entity and as a new subsidiary of Slovak Telekom Group.
First Nationwide Operation of Mobile 4G/LTE Network (November 2013): Slovak Telekom launched the fully-fledged nationwide operation of its 4G network (LTE) in November; which was available to 23.7 percent of the Slovak population by Christmas already.
VDSL Launch (Septembre 2013): Slovak Telekom introduced a service portfolio based on the new VDSL technology in September. Their VDSL internet portfolio features the same structure as the ADSL plans, though with significantly higher speed.
Exclusive Football Matches (August 2013): Slovak Telekom enriched its services with new sports channels that offer the most attractive football competitions: the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League. Since then, its Magio TV offer has quickly become very lucrative on the market.
Zoznam.sk – No. 1 on the Slovak Market (June – July 2013): Zoznam.sk as one of the top players of the Slovak internet market achieved the No. 1 position in June and July and also reached its historical maximum with more than 2.26 mil. real users.
PosAm Succeeded in the Tender for the Implementation of the Town and Municipality Data Center (Dátové centrum obcí a miest - DCOM) Project: The main objective of the project was to enable better access to and significantly improve provision of e-services to citizens at regional and local administration levels.
T-Systems Slovakia s.r.o.
T-Systems Slovakia s.r.o. is a fast-growing company providing services for the ICT sector. The company was established in January 2006 as a subsidiary of T-Systems International. The Slovak company offers services as an outsourcer within the Deutsche Telekom Group, specializing in corporate clientele in Germany, the European Union, and around the world.
- Core business: ICT services in the field of telecommunication systems and computing systems, services for customer operating systems and servers, management of transformation and design of ICT services, research, development and support of strategic development of global companies.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent