Deutsche Telekom is present in Greece through the OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market.
Together with its subsidiaries, forms one of the leading telecommunications groups in Southeastern Europe, employing approximately 21,000 people in three countries (Greece, Romania, Albania). In Greece, the OTE Group offers the full range of telecommunications services under the unified brand COSMOTE: from fixed-line and mobile telephony, broadband services, to pay television and ICT solutions. In addition to its core telecommunications activities, the Group is also involved in maritime communications and real-estate.
Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE Group)
- Core business: fixed-line, mobile telephony, broadband services, pay television and ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 40.00 percent plus one share
- Customers (as of December 31, 2016):
- Fixed access line connections: 2,667,886
- Fixed broadband active retail subscribers: 1,635,736
- COSMΟΤΕ TV subscribers: 502,696
- Mobile communications subscribers: 7,7mn (Greece)
- Mobile communications subscribers: 14.89 mn (SE Europe)
- Employees: 12.000 (in Greece)
- OTE Group has announced investments of over 1.5 billion euros in Greece until 2020 mainly in New Generation Networks.
- At the end of 2016, OTE could provide access to VDSL services to more than 2 million households and businesses.
- COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV service, had more than 502,696 subscribers at the end of 2016.
- COSMOTE One, an integrated world of communication and entertainment and COSMOTE Business One, a world of communication and technology for businesses, were commercially launched in November 2015.
- OTE Group launched 4G+ mobile network and was the first in Greece and among the first in Europe, to commercially launch 4G+ speeds up to 500Mbps in 2016.
- At the end of the year, 4G population coverage exceeded 93 percent and VDSL 46 percent.
T-Systems Information and Communication Technology E.P.E.
- Core business: Information communications and technology services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent