Deutsche Telekom is present in Greece through the OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market.
OTE, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of the leading telecommunications groups in Southeastern Europe, employing approximately 22,000 people in three countries (Greece, Romania, Albania). In Greece, the OTE Group offers the full range of telecommunications services: from fixed-line and mobile telephony, broadband services, to pay television and ICT solutions. In addition to its core telecommunications activities, the Group i is also involved in maritime communications, real-estate and professional training.
Aiming at continuously optimizing customer experience, OTE Group proceeded at the end of 2015 with the establishment of COSMOTE as the unified brand for all Group products in fixed-line and mobile telephony as well as internet services.
Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE Group)
- Core business: fixed-line, mobile telephony, broadband services, pay television and ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 40.00 percent plus one share
- Revenue: 3.90 billion euros (as of December 31, 2015)
- Customers: 4.65 million (fixed/broadband/TV as of December 31, 2015)
- Employees: 13.000 (in Greece as of December 31, 2015)
- OTE Group has announced investments of over 1.3 billion euros in four years in Greece mainly in New Generation Networks.
- At the end of 2015, OTE could provide access to VDSL services to more than 1.9 million households and businesses.
- OTE TV, the company’s pay TV service, had more than 446,000 subscribers at the end of 2015, exceeding all expectations. OTE acquired the broadcasting rights for all games of the European football club competitions UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League from July 2015 to 2018.
- COSMOTE One, an integrated world of communication and entertainment and COSMOTE Business One, a world of communication and technology for businesses, were commercially launched in November 2015.
- OTE Group launched 4G+ mobile network and was the first in Greece and among the first in Europe, to commercially launch 4G+ speeds up to 375Mbps. At the end of 2015, the company demonstrated first in Greece and among the first in the world, mobile internet speeds up to 500Mbps.
- At the end of the year, 4G population coverage exceeded 80% and VDSL 40%.
T-Systems Information and Communication Technology E.P.E.
- Core business: Information communications and technology services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent