Deutsche Telekom is present in Greece through the OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market.
Together with its subsidiaries, forms one of the leading telecommunications groups in Southeastern Europe, employing approximately 20,000 people in three countries (Greece, Romania, Albania). Under the unified COSMOTE commercial brand, OTE Group offers the full range of telecommunications services: from fixed-line and mobile telephony, broadband services, to pay television and integrated ICT solutions. The key message and brand promise of COSMOTE is “a better world, for all”, through technology. Its mission is to bring technological capabilities to all, so that everyone can live and enjoy at the fullest all possibilities offered now, while also building on them for a better tomorrow. In addition to its core telecommunications activities, the Group is also involved in maritime communications real-estate and professional training.
Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE Group)
- Core business: fixed-line, mobile telephony, broadband services, pay television and ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 45.00 percent plus one share
- Customers (as of December 31, 2017):
- Fixed access line connections: 2,647,813
- Fixed broadband active retail subscribers: 1,759,752
- Mobile communications subscribers: 14.68 mn (SE Europe)
- Mobile communications subscribers: 7,98mn (Greece)
- COSMΟΤΕ TV subscribers: 524,770
- Employees: 12,000 (in Greece)
- OTE Group will provide 1 million households and businesses with access to “Fiber to the Home– FTTH” network until 2022. OTE’s new investment plan, amounting up to €2bn until 2022 mainly for infrastructure and new generation networks, was announced to the Prime Minister of Greece by Deutsche Telekom AG CEO Mr. Tim Höttges and OTE Group Chairman and CEO Mr. Michael Tsamaz.
- OTE Group launched COSMOTE Double Play Fiber and COSMOTE Business Double Play Fiber plans for households and businesses, providing 100Mbps & 200Mbps Internet speeds, through vectoring technology.
- COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV service, had almost 525,000 subscribers at the end of 2017.
- At the end of 2017, COSMOTE 4G population coverage exceeded 98 percent, COSMOTE 4G+ population coverage exceeded 92 percent and VDSL 60 percent.
T-Systems Information and Communication Technology E.P.E.
- Core business: Information communications and technology services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent