CERT stands for the Cyber Emergency Response Team of the Deutsche Telekom Group and is responsible internationally for managing security incidents relating to all information and network technologies.
Deutsche Telekom’s Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) is responsible internationally for managing security incidents relating to all information and network technologies of the Deutsche Telekom Group.
As such, CERT carries out the crucial task of protecting the Company and its customers from dangers from the Internet. CERT forms the central point of contact for reporting such incidents and establishes mechanisms for the early detection of attacks on internally and externally accessible systems.
The duties of Deutsche Telekom's CERT team include:
- Cyber incident management: coordination and management of critical security incidents.
- Strategic threat radar: identification and classification of threats in relation to current and future core technologies used by the Group.
- Advisory Management: assessment and distribution of security warnings and recommended action within the Group, along with monitoring the implementation of critical security updates.
- Security audits: review and evaluation of security architecture, security processes and the system landscape in areas of the company particularly exposed to dangers from the Internet.
- Vulnerability scanning: regular execution of security scans of portals and systems that are accessible through the Internet.
In addition, the Deutsche Telekom CERT is the international point of contact for issues surrounding Internet security and Internet crime, and is involved in a range of projects and initiatives with the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI), the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA), the European Commission (EC), and the Federal Criminal Police (BKA), as well as industry associations the GSM Association (GSMA), ETNO and the Forum for Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST).
The advanced persistent threat (APT) category is currently a particular focus of the Deutsche Telekom CERT.
The Deutsche Telekom CERT in cooperation with internal IT Forensics and Penetration Testing departments have launched a project on this subject together with the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). The aim of the project is to determine which security technologies and products are suited to providing comprehensive protection against such threats. The results will be made publicly available.
Security incidents can be reported by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +49 (0) 800 DTAG CERT.