- Digital public transport for more sustainability, service and individual travel
- Passenger counting with artificial intelligence and image analysis
- Synchronized management of control systems in the transit district thanks to the cloud
At IT-TRANS (May 10 to 12, 2022), T-Systems International will be demonstrating how digitalization contributes to an attractive and well-developed public transport system. The Telekom subsidiary is supporting transport companies in achieving their climate targets and implementing the mobility transition. At the trade fair booth B30 in Hall 1, decision-makers and public transport experts will find sustainable, service- and demand-oriented mobility solutions: These include AI-based image analysis for passenger counting and smart displays for passenger information. Furthermore, T-Systems will show synchronized cloud-based management of control systems in transport district as well as smart solutions for electromobility in public transport.
"Local public transport is one of the key levers for achieving climate targets in Germany," explains Andy Lesser, responsible for Mobility, Transport and Logistics at T-Systems. "New forms of mobility and the ecological rethinking are leading to the development of an increasingly multimodal mobility world, in which classic local and long-distance public transport and the private motor vehicle form an environmentally conscious synthesis with alternative forms of mobility. This needs to be interlinked by means of digitization."
Solutions for the mobility transition in cities and rural areas
Passengers want attractive, clean, barrier-free and well-developed public transport. In addition, good connection and transfer possibilities to other means of transport such as bicycles or e-vehicles, bicycle fast lanes into the city centers and sharing offers. How can public transport show that it gets passengers to their destinations individually, easily and in an environmentally conscious way?
- Dynamic passenger information from T-Systems generates precise arrival and departure forecasts from timetable data and real-time vehicle locations. Passengers automatically receive up-to-date information about their connection. Predefined texts support transport operators in providing additional information.
- The heart of public transport is the control system. The Intermodal Transport Control System from the cloud enables the interaction of all systems. Intelligent data management provides a holistic overview in real time and allows smooth operations. A modular architecture and open interfaces ensure expandability and networking with adjacent systems, for example in conurbations. If lines run in the network of several transport companies, their control centers must be synchronized. The multitenant solution also allows to combine their control centers in the transit district, for example at night.
A live overview, independent of the different control systems, shows current operations at a glance. The focus is on possible disruptions in order to quickly initiate measures.
- AI-based image analysis provides transit operators with a passenger count for capacity planning and dispatching, plus information on passenger behavior: Data privacy-compliant image analysis occurs in real time in the vehicle. This is done via local edge computing, so the images are analyzed directly in the vehicle and are not transmitted. The solution determines the number of passengers, seat occupancy, detects wheelchairs, strollers and bicycles. It captures the time spent in the vehicle. It also identifies unusual or dangerous situations at stations, such as crowds and panic, people on the tracks or in tunnels, as well as blockades of escape routes.
- T-Systems will also showcase its multimodal passenger information system. In train stations and at stops, it provides travel information, route guidance and connections with other means of transport - multimedia-based and in real time.
- The solutions for e-mobility support public transport in optimally utilizing the new e-vehicles and deploying them with the best possible range: Data from the Intermodal Transport Control System for control system management, as well as data on vehicle status and charging management, can be enriched with timetable forecasts and other data such as weather. This facilitates the control of ongoing operations and medium-term planning.
Come and see us
Experience T-Systems' products and services during IT-TRANS 2022, May 10-12 in Karlsruhe at Booth B30 in Hall 1.
Request appointment and ticket