Magyar Telekom Plc.
How to interpret the figures?
- In accordance with legal stipulations, telecommunications operators must ensure a permanent and direct access to facilities and technical equipment for entitled authorities. As a consequence, Magyar Telekom has no access to statistical data regarding Lawful Interception.
- The stated amounts represent the volume of data records ordered by criminal investigation agencies, public prosecutors and criminal courts in accordance with Hungarian Act XIX of 1998 on Criminal Procedure and Hungarian Act C of 2003 on Electronic Communications. The number of data requests ordered by relevant national security agencies is classified under Hungarian Act CLV of 2009 on the protection of classified data, and thus the figures provided exclude such requests.
Legal basis for Lawful Interception activities and Data Provisioning
- Hungarian Act CXXV of 1995 on National Security Services
- Hungarian Act C of 2003 on Electronic Communications.
- Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs)
- National Security Authorities
- National Tax and Customs Administration
- Counter Terrorism Centre