As the first mobile operator in Albania, AMC began its commercial operations in 1996. It was acquired by OTE Group in 2000. In 2009 with DT acquisition of OTE it indirectly became part of Deutsche Telekom. In July 2015, the company officially adopted the Telekom brand identity and since then operates under the name Telekom Albania.
Telekom Albania, whose majority shareholder is OTE, Deutsche Telekom's subsidiary in Greece, through its superior network quality provides a wide range of services, with competitive tariff plans, contemporary products, relentless innovation in accordance with the most recent technology developments and advanced communication proposals tailored to the needs of individuals, families, professionals, small and medium enterprises and large corporations. With a particularly successful track record on all levels, AMC holds one of the leading positions in Albania's highly competitive market.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 99.79 percent of shares held by OTE
- Customer market share: 37.4%. (As of December 2016)
- Subscribers: 1.84 million (As of December 2016)
- Population coverage: 99.8% (As of December 2016)
- Territory coverage: 92.5% (As of December 2016)
- Employees: over 430 (As of December 2016)
- Roaming partners: 372 (As of December 2016)
- Telekom Albania has one of the biggest retail network in the country - 150 shops operating all over Albania. The company was the First Telecommunications Company in Albania to implement the Quality Management System (ISO 9001), the Occupational Health & Safety System (OHSAS 18001) and the Environmental Management System (ISO 14001).
- Albania was the twelfth country across Deutsche Telekom’s European footprint to turn Magenta, acquiring the Telekom brand identity and values: Innovation, Competence and Simplicity. For Albania this translates in superior services, starting with the commercial launch of 4G.
- The company is official partner of most worldwide used apps, as Deezer, Evernote, Magisto, etc. In addition Telekom Albania has been awarded for its Business Excellence and Social Contribution(2013-5th Conference of Infokom, Tirane): Telekom Albania is part of ICT Coalition for a Safer Internet for Children and Young (2012-2013).