Since 1996, Deutsche Telekom has been offering mobile communications services in the Czech Republic through its local T-Mobile subsidiary. A top player among three global operators, T-Mobile has the largest customer base in the Czech Republic and is considered a pioneer in telecommunications.
T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s.
T-Mobile Czech Republic, a member of the international telecommunications group Deutsche Telekom (since 2002), celebrated its 22th year in operation in the Czech market. With more than six million mobile customers (Q4/2017), T-Mobile is the number-one operator in the Czech mobile market. Above all, however, T-Mobile is an integrated operator: in addition to telecommunications services, it offers comprehensive ICT solutions not only for companies, but also for other organizations and individuals. It provides outstanding services in the high-speed network and state-of-the-art innovations in technologies.
- Core business:
The company is an integrated and convergated operator: in addition to mobile and fixed-line telecommunications services, it offers a broad portfolio of IT services and systems-integration solutions for business customers and public administration authorities. T-Mobile has always focused on the quality of its services. Operator has confirmed its position as the leading innovator among the Czech operators in October 2017, when it has been awarded with Best in-Test seal in prestigious P3 network testing. The company has also received a number of specialist awards for innovative ICT solutions, for example within the IT Project of the Year survey.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100 percent
- Customers: almost 6,2 million (as of Q4/2017)
- Employees: 3,600 (as of Q4/2017)
- Since its establishment, the company has placed emphasis on taking a responsible approach to business and society. T-Mobile has received, among other awards, Employer of the Year, Employer of the Decade, Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities, and the VIA Bona award for the involvement of its employees in philanthropic and volunteer activities.
- A founding member of the UN Global Compact network in the Czech Republic, T-Mobile Czech Republic places emphasis on taking a responsible approach to the environment and society. It adheres to fair business practices, helps beneficial applications and services to see the light of day, supports non-profit organizations, small businesses and individuals, and lends a helping hand whenever crisis situations arise. The company’s employees serve as volunteers in many places across the entire Czech Republic.