Java Software Engineer
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300 enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated Java Software Engineer for our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, in order to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
What will you do?
- Develop core components for the cloud-hosted platform considering holistic business requirements
- Manage the lifecycle of these components and support their integration into end-to-end use cases
- Analyze requirements provided by product owners, develop concepts and frameworks based on that
- Write scalable and maintainable code
- Ensure quality in every aspect of your work, from writing and maintaining documentation, doing code reviews or testing
- Collaborate with other teams in an international environment
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Understanding of Data Analytics and Machine Learning workflows.
- DevOps skills / knowledge in continuous Integration and Delivery with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI / Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of network and architectural design using micro-services
- Experience with using database technology (Postgres / Mysql / Mariadb, potentially Mongodb / Redis).
- Knowledge in requirements management.
- Knowledge of test automation and test-driven development.
- Experience in agile software development (Scrum). Experience in working in scaled agile environments (i.e. multiple agile teams working on one product / platform) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in cloud native development.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What else we offer
- Open and friendly working environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Health insurance
Was wir bieten
So fern und doch so nah - in unserem internationalen Arbeitsumfeld gehört die Arbeit über Ländergrenzen hinweg zum Alltag.
About the Team
You will be part of cross-functional, agile team which will develop core components for our smart TV services. This involves building an AI enabled recommendation engine and/or integration with other services within Deutsche Telekom ecosystem.
Mit dem Klick auf "Jetzt bewerben" wird die Online-Bewerbung gestartet.
Konto vorhanden? Dann einfach mit E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort einloggen. Ist noch kein Konto vorhanden, lässt sich dieses mit Klick auf "Richten Sie sich ein Benutzerkonto ein" schnell anlegen.
Unser Bewerbungsformular lässt sich in wenigen Minuten ausfüllen. Dokumente hochladen, persönliche Daten angeben und stellenspezifische Fragen beantworten - schon kann die Bewerbung abgeschickt werden.
Wir freuen uns - die Bewerbung ist bei uns eingegangen. Den Erhalt bestätigen wir per E-Mail.