Machine Learning Engineer (with data engineering focus)
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300+ enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated machine learning engineer, with a focus on data engineering for our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
What will you do?
- Work closely with product, data science and software engineering teams on a delivery of a large-scale machine learning system.
- Design, implement, evaluate, deploy and monitor data ingestion and data transformation pipelines that feed features and other data views into online (real-time) and offline (batch) components of a machine learning system using state-of-the-art (open-source) libraries and components.
- Support machine learning engineers and experts in consuming the data for real-time inference and consumption for various technical monitoring and business-oriented reports/dashboards.
- The pipelines will work at the intersection of on-premise data infrastructure (Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and a cloud-based machine learning system (AWS, Azure).
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Proven hands-on experience and knowledge in (big) data ingestion/transformation pipelines and methodologies, running on-premise and in the cloud
- Hands-on experience with big data processing technologies (such as Hadoop and/or Apache Spark), ETL and EL(T) pipelines, and data warehouse architecture and components within a large-scale cloud environment (e.g., AWS)
- Strong experience with various query languages, schema definition languages, and scripting languages
- In depth experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, and complex datasets from various sources
- Experience with data visualization, reporting and analytic software and tools
- Working experience with Machine Learning algorithms and integration of data-driven components into business applications
- Experience with batch processing and online streaming data pipelines (e.g., real-time feature engineering) for machine learning would be a plus
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. version control (Git/GitLab), unit testing, code reviews, design documentation as well as agile working modes and team setups.
- Bachelor (or higher) in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or another related field
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
Was wir bieten
So fern und doch so nah - in unserem internationalen Arbeitsumfeld gehört die Arbeit über Ländergrenzen hinweg zum Alltag.
About the Team
You will be part of a cross-functional team in AI One Conversation project which plans to personalize & individualize customer interaction for Deutsche Telekom’s customers across different touchpoints (e.g. Website, App, Call Center, in-shop, TV product, etc.). AI One conversation is the tool for extensive customer experience with predictive, proactive and personalized responses to all our customers.
We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture for 360-degree contextualized information about our customers, including what they did on our websites, in the apps, what they talked about with our call center or customer care, etc., to really “know” our customers and be able to better individualize our interaction for them.
Mit dem Klick auf "Jetzt bewerben" wird die Online-Bewerbung gestartet.
Konto vorhanden? Dann einfach mit E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort einloggen. Ist noch kein Konto vorhanden, lässt sich dieses mit Klick auf "Richten Sie sich ein Benutzerkonto ein" schnell anlegen.
Unser Bewerbungsformular lässt sich in wenigen Minuten ausfüllen. Dokumente hochladen, persönliche Daten angeben und stellenspezifische Fragen beantworten - schon kann die Bewerbung abgeschickt werden.
Wir freuen uns - die Bewerbung ist bei uns eingegangen. Den Erhalt bestätigen wir per E-Mail.