Key Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Responsible for Design, Build and 2nd line of operations of IP backbone network and data center undelay networks.
- Responsible of Development and Operations of network functions for provioning and assurance.
- Ensuring Infrastructure availability with all its attributes (performance, cost, capacity, reliability).
- Be responsible for the coordination among multiple development groups and close collaboration with infrastructure teams, PanNet SOC, NatCos and 3rd party providers
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, implementation, development and testing of HW/ SW components for the Pan-Net backbone and data center networks (Layer 2&3 networks interconnects Pan-Net datacenters & cloud instances inside Pan-Net as well as external partner/client networks).
- Responsible for preparation of technical feasibility studies, design proposals and execution of POCs for the networks.
- Responsible for communication with 3rd parties/vendors during tendering process (RFI/RFQ) or during definition of requirements on network design.
- Responsible for integration of new technologies (HW/ SW), definition of upgrade strategies for HW/SW and lifecycle plans for the networks.
- Preparation of vendor specific configuration templates
- Define the network monitoring metrics and KPIs and track the performance of systems; apply the collected stastistics for network dimensioning and capacity planning.
- Develop network automation and network monitoring/telemetry products by using tools, methodologies & technologies such as git, CI/CD, pipeline, network abstraction, Network as Code, etc.
- Participate on solving and eliminating of ops issues – perform 2nd level support (rotating on-call duty required)
- Responsible for preparation of the techn. documentation through the lifecyle of networks, e.g., design, updates of the code, etc.
Bachelor / Master Degree in Computer Science, Telecomunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
- More than five years’ experience in area of network platforms design and testing, competence in carrier grade backbone / datacenter network engineering.
- Operational experience in networks’ trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- English language - fluent (verbal and written communication skills)
- Knowledge of other EU working languages would be an asset
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills, resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to multitask in a busy and demanding environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- Excellent problem solving ability
Other soft skills, competences:
- Strategic thinking
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Advanced layer 2 & 3 networks (e.g., IPv6, BGP, ISIS/OSPF, QoS, multicast, V/VXLAN, EVPN, etc.);
- Extensive knowledge of carrier grade / data center network hardware, routing, switching, network security and telecommunication circuits from major vendors, in particular Juniper, Cisco or Huawei;
- Experience on Linux networking, container networking and cloud networking;
- Knowledge on model driven network programmability
- Linux Administration / container fundamentals;
- Cloud fundamentals (e.g., openstack, SDN).
- Data Formats (e.g., JSON, YAML, etc);
- Python and APIs (e.g., REST, NETCONF, etc);
- Source Control (e.g., git, GitLab, etc) ;
- Configuration Management (e.g., Ansible, etc)
CCNP/CCIE or equivalent certification preferred
MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, Project)
Was wir bieten
So fern und doch so nah - in unserem internationalen Arbeitsumfeld gehört die Arbeit über Ländergrenzen hinweg zum Alltag.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Mit dem Klick auf "Jetzt bewerben" wird die Online-Bewerbung gestartet.
Konto vorhanden? Dann einfach mit E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort einloggen. Ist noch kein Konto vorhanden, lässt sich dieses mit Klick auf "Richten Sie sich ein Benutzerkonto ein" schnell anlegen.
Unser Bewerbungsformular lässt sich in wenigen Minuten ausfüllen. Dokumente hochladen, persönliche Daten angeben und stellenspezifische Fragen beantworten - schon kann die Bewerbung abgeschickt werden.
Wir freuen uns - die Bewerbung ist bei uns eingegangen. Den Erhalt bestätigen wir per E-Mail.