Network Optimization DevOps Engineer
Telecommunication technology has been at the forefront of innovation, and the pace of development in this domain has never been greater. Deutsche Telekom is committed to bringing amazing experiences to our mobile & fix network users. As a DevOps Engineer Expert, you will be at the heart of Telekom’s technology engineering, applications and processes that build, test and maintain or operate infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of software solutions within the systems and end to end to reach high stability, quality, speed and customer experience.
Telekom experts develop & design the next-generation technologies that change how our network users connect, communicate and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you will work together with international expert groups and projects with focus to Software lifecycle. You will be accountable for according guidelines and project deliverables of assigned projects. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
DevOps engineers build, test and maintain the infrastructure and software tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software. Job description usually includes a number of responsibilities, such as:
- Building and setting up new analytics and optimisation tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers and suppliers
- Testing and Troubleshooting SW solutions delivered by others and analysing results
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors, investigate and resolve technical issues
- Deploy updates and fixes, provide Level 1 and 2 technical support
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and issues, communicated with developers, suppliers
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Leading of tools’ implementation and integration (OSS etc.) projects
- Develop scripts to automate visualization, processes and support analytics
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- University degree preferably in the area of telecommunication, computer science, IT, electrical engineering, mathematics, etc.
- Substantiated experience in working in an intercultural team and in an international environment. Professional experience within systems technology respectively mobile communication technology (more than 5 years). Especially working experience in DevOps or Operation area!
- Working as DevOps requires individuals to have strong troubleshooting knowledge and analytical skills. Attention to detail is essential, as is a thorough understanding of how SW tools, such as measuring, analytics tools work.
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications (Windows, Linux, …) , current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures and networking
- Experience in programming, scripting languages (bash, powerhsell, python), as well as DevOps tools and technologies (e.g. OpenStack, Aws, Ansible) is welcome
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Willingness to travel within the EU.
- Recognizing opportunities and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively to see what happens.
- Investigating and anticipating customer wishes and needs and acting accordingly giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction
- Drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on the information available.
- Actively focused on achieving results and objectives in a most efficient way; ready to take action in case of disappointing results.
- Able to align the requirements from different markets and ensure that the different experts are working as one team
- Motivated and curious to learn new things. Be able to keep up with knowledge in this complex and fast-moving technology area.
- Proven ability to work in virtual (remote) international and cross functional teams. Experience in working in agile teams.
- Strongly motivated to improve efficiency and quality in Deutsche Telekom networks.
- Proven ability to work self-motivated with ability to work self-dependant or as part of a team to achieve project goals on time. Needs to collaborate in an agile team and not operate on his own!
- Flexibility, high commitment, good communication and presentation skills.
Was wir bieten
So fern und doch so nah - in unserem internationalen Arbeitsumfeld gehört die Arbeit über Ländergrenzen hinweg zum Alltag.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
TDI is a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. Pan-Net focuses on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint. Besides the headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia there are other Pan-Net affiliated companies across Europe, and together with the TDI team in Germany, we leverage the power of all teams to provide best in class technology solutions.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net bundles key competencies for future tech projects within the area of Technology & Innovation. Anchoring skill developments in learning opportunities on- and off-of-the job, is deeply imbedded in our corporate culture. Therefore, the technical experts, who are organized in chapters and tribes, are flexibly and effectively enabled to contribute towards Group's strategic focus of digitalization, cloudification and automation to become the Leading European Telco.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 9 Fragkokklisias street, 15125, Amarousion, Attica, Greece
For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
Mit dem Klick auf "Jetzt bewerben" wird die Online-Bewerbung gestartet.
Konto vorhanden? Dann einfach mit E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort einloggen. Ist noch kein Konto vorhanden, lässt sich dieses mit Klick auf "Richten Sie sich ein Benutzerkonto ein" schnell anlegen.
Unser Bewerbungsformular lässt sich in wenigen Minuten ausfüllen. Dokumente hochladen, persönliche Daten angeben und stellenspezifische Fragen beantworten - schon kann die Bewerbung abgeschickt werden.
Wir freuen uns - die Bewerbung ist bei uns eingegangen. Den Erhalt bestätigen wir per E-Mail.