Senior Architect Infrastructure Cloud (m/f/d)
- Deutsche Telekom AG, VTI
- Vollzeit - unbefristet
- 5 years and more
- Erforderliche Sprachkenntnisse:
- English, German
IT- / TK-Projekte
Technologie und Netzwerke
As “Senior Architect Infrastructure Cloud (m/f/d)" you are taking architecture responsibility for an important part of the transformation of Deutsche Telekom towards a cloud-native, software driven and service-oriented production across all network functions and services. You are part of the team which is responsible to define the common cloud infrastructure for Deutsche Telekom network production, being an enabler for access disaggregation, edge computing, 5G core services, network and service automation, and services.
You are working closely with stakeholders in business, engineering and operations to drive innovation and ensure the technology leadership of Deutsche Telekom. You are working towards tangible results in implementation projects for the business units and our customers.
- Lead architect in projects to build and integrate common cloud infrastructure for DTAG network and service production, supporting a cloud-native production for all relevant network components (VNFs/CNFs) of DTAG under consideration of comprehensive business and service requirements.
- Creation and continuous further development of a holistic, sustainable target picture and future-proof architecture for the cloud infrastructure of DTAG – with special focus on infrastructure, tools and methods for cloud-native workloads, but also the support of virtualized network functions, across all NatCos of DTAG and in close cooperation with IT cloud architecture
- Definition of criteria and guardrails for the use of different cloud infrastructure options (private vs public; new and upcoming technologies; different operation models) for software driven workloads, across all the full e2e production chain and for all generations of software-based network functions (from legacy VNFs to cloud-native, micro-service-based CNFs)
- Support of group-wide network component, service and cloud infrastructure RfQ's and decisions for cloud infrastructure regarding the aforementioned aspects
- Guiding and driving partners, vendors and the entire industry about telco cloud infrastructure needs; in order to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of DTAG production infrastructure.
- Supporting and "evangelizing" engineering units regarding the efficient and automated use of DTAG common infrastructure cloud and support of the definition of migration paths from existing (e.g. virtualized) production platforms towards the target picture across all stakeholder groups
You have University degree in the natural sciences, preferably electrical engineering, communications engineering, physics or informatics/computer science and several years of experience in design, implementation and/or operation of cloud infrastructure. You gained your professional experience with large service providers (Cloud, ISP, Telco or Consulting).
- Knowledge of methods for developing a holistic view. Ability to develop a complete overview of a specific topic as well as its context and all relevant aspects and implications, such as technology, business, customers and regulations.
- Very good knowledge in cloud-native technologies (as in CNCF landscape) and Experiences in more than one of the following areas:
- Data center technologies, data center networking incl SDN, hardware management
- Server hardware, including different CPU architectures, GPUs, network acceleration hardware and hardware management
- Cloud operating systems, e.g. OpenStack, vCloud director and Cloud-native infrastructure software (CNCF landscape)
- Storage technologies, including software-defined storage
- Hyperscaler cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), Multi-cloud and cloud orchestration technologies
- Cloud operation processes, e.g. site reliability engineering and Cloud infrastructure security
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) with focus on infrastructure automation
- Expertise in SW architecture for cloud and fixed/mobile (data) network technologies (xDSL/BNG, UMTS/LTE) as well as data network technologies (IP, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of the market for cloud infrastructure, cost structures, key cost drivers (e.g. market prices, price curves), production processes, production facilities, operation quality and technical documents, market research, market environment and industry analysis, relevant competitors, market trends (technological changes, market size developments) and market risks. Ability to use this knowledge for solution development and/or decision making in the company
- Good knowledge of working methods in open source initiatives and/or industry fora such as OCP, preferable experiences from active contributions
- Knowledge/experience with the portfolio of hyperscalers as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, infrastructure vendors like VMWare, server vendors, as well as open-source based software suppliers such as Redhat, Canonical, etc.
- Language skills: German and English, fluently spoken and written. Knowledge of a South/Eastern European language is an advantage
Schwerbehinderte Menschen werden bei gleicher Eignung vorrangig berücksichtigt.
We feel as much at home in Bonn as we do in the 50 other countries around the globe where we provide our services. As one of the leading telecommunications providers in Europe, we also have a footprint in the markets in Asia and the United States. We're on our way to become one of the industry's top service companies and want you to help us to get there.