Senior Engineer Public Cloud (Pécs)
- IT Services Hungary
- Pécs, Ungarn
- Vollzeit - unbefristet
- Erforderliche Sprachkenntnisse:
- English, German
IT- / TK-Entwicklung
IT- / TK-Betrieb
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
As "Senior Engineer Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the field of Cloud for Windows and Linux, you understand the Cloud network concept and you drive the further development of the OpenStack Cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of our customers and the OpenSource community.
The following tasks are part of this:
- You will drive the further development of the Open Telekom Cloud towards PaaS and SaaS services using agile development methods (DevOps).
- Planning of the individual product features according to strategic specifications
- Technical and schedule coordination
- Coordination of future PaaS / SaaS features (e.g. Serverless, Edge, Hybrid)
- Programming prototypes for proof-of-concepts and / or new services
- You do not do a test manually twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You will solve complicated problems in daily operations and implement solutions so that errors do not occur again.
- You take care of an adequate monitoring in your area of responsibility and develop tests for our quality assurance.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- Strong experience in infrastructure automation with Ansible, Ansible Tower and/or AWX or other comparable frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Practical experience in setting up an OpenStack-based cloud.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close interaction of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps, CI/CD, CT).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Detailed knowledge of software development with Python and at least one other language (e.g. Go).
- Business fluent German and English, written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT service company in Hungary, subsidiary of T-Systems International. As an important member of the international T-Systems network IT Services Hungary is the most dynamic IT service centers in Hungary which won the Investor of the Year Award in 2008. Within a broad portfolio of ICT consultation services, ITSH concentrates on the management and outsourcing of IT solutions, and also development and system integration. The company continuously develops its sites in Budapest and Debrecen, and provides job opportunities for IT professionals.