As the majority shareholder, Deutsche Telekom is present in Croatia through HT Group, the leading provider of telecommunications services and products.
In 2010, the previously independent business units for fixed (T-Com) and mobile (T-Mobile) communications services were consolidated, making HT Group the sole company to offer the full range of these services from one single source. HT Group is the leading provider of telecommunications services in Croatia, offering fixed and mobile telephony services as well as wholesale, Internet and data services.
The core activities of Hrvatski Telekom d.d. and its subsidiary companies comprise the provision of electronic communications services and design and construction of electronic communications networks within the Republic of Croatia. In addition to the provision of fixed telephony services (fixed telephony line access and traffic, as well as fixed network supplementary services), the Group also provides Internet, IPTV and ICT services, data transmission services (lease of lines, Metro-Ethernet, IP/MPLS, ATM), operating with GSM, UMTS and LTE mobile telephone networks.
In June 2014 HT obtained control over management of OT-Optima telekom (“OT”) through transfer of managerial rights in accordance with Zagrebačka banka d.d., the single shareholder of Optima, following the completion of the pre-bankruptcy settlement procedure. By the conversion of claims into share capital as a part of the pre-bankruptcy settlement procedure, and following the realization of a Mandatory Convertible Loan instrument in July 2014, HT has acquired total of 19.1% of Optima’s share capital.
Hrvatski Telekom d.d.
- Core business: The provision of electronic communications services and design and construction of electronic communications networks within the Republic of Croatia. In addition to the provision of fixed telephony services (fixed telephony line access and traffic, as well as fixed network supplementary services), the Group also provides Internet, IPTV and ICT services, data transmission services (lease of lines, Metro-Ethernet, IP/MPLS, ATM), operating with GSM, UMTS and LTE mobile telephone.
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 51.00 percent
- Revenue: 909,2 million euros (in 2015) Employees: 3,992(as of December 31, 2015)
- Customers: 1.072 million fixed line customers, 2,233 million mobile subscribers, 603,000 broadband retail access lines and 388,000 TV customers (as of December 31, 2015)
- Hrvatski Telekom (HT) became one of the first operators in Europe to launch cloud services, all available via ictmarketplace.hr (HT’s online application store for cloud services). HT’s cloud offer includes Software as a Service (SaaS) products such as Cloud Human Resources, Cloud Fleet Management, Cloud Call Centre, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as Cloud Server, Cloud Computer, Cloud Exchange Mail and Cloud Storage.
- It was the first company within the DT Group to offer to its customers, in 2006, the IPTV service called MAXtv, which was according to Informa report one of the three most successful launches of services of this type in the world.
- In 2015, HT tripled the maximum speed of its 4G network from 75 to 225 Mbit/s.
- Hrvatski Telekom is taking on a pioneering role within the Deutsche Telekom Group by testing the new TeraStream architecture, a network technology that relies on a cloud-based IP architecture. TeraStream significantly reduces the IT complexity of existing networks with the cloud concept greatly facilitating network administration and management. TeraStream has been developed to deal with the rapidly increasing volume of data traffic – now and in the future.
- In October, at a conference of the Zagreb Stock Exchange and Croatian investment fund management industry, HT was ranked second in the Investor Relations Award in Croatia in 2015. In November 2015, at the 5th Regional Investor Conference in Belgrade, as part of the 14th International Conference of the Belgrade Stock Exchange, organized in cooperation with the investment company Wood & Company from Prague, HT shared second place in the category for the Best Regional Investor Relations Award in 2015. In December, at the presentation ceremony of the Zagreb Stock Exchange Awards for 2015, HT received the award for the “Share with highest turnover” for the fourth consecutive year.