How to interpret the figures?
- All communication operator activities regarding Lawful Interception and Data Provisioning must be treated as confidential, therefore disclosing statistical data by Telekom Romania is unlawful.
- In addition to the above mentioned, telecommunications operators are not operationally involved in Lawful Interception activities so that Telekom Romania has no access to data regarding Lawful Interception.
- Unfortunately the result of a recent request to obtain an official authorization to publish statistical data was negative.
Legal basis for Lawful Interception activities and Data Provisioning
- Law 14/1992 regarding the organization of the Romanian intelligence agency (i.e., Serviciul Roman de Informatii – SRI)
- Law 51/1991 regarding National Security
- Decision 338/2010 of the President of ANCOM (i.e., Romanian regulatory body)
- Law 508/2004 regarding the organization of DIICOT (department under the Public Ministry in charge with investigating the cases of organized crime and terrorism)
- Penal Procedural Code
- Law 235/2015 modifying The Law 506/2004 regarding the processing of the personal data and the protection of private life in the field of electronic communication.