(Key) Account Executive
Primarily responsible for direct management of T-Systems’ business relationship with a Key Account, leading the account team and driving efforts to acquire new business while safeguarding and developing existing business on the account. In line with the Key Account strategy, leveraging technology to support/drive Business Transformation topics is a key opportunity area to be pursued.
Main responsibilities includes leading and maintaining the CxO engagement, managing and developing deep business relationships, managing and participating in sales presentations, developing bids, responding to proposals and driving proactive demand management with this customer.
A key aspect is developing and maintaining senior relationships within the client’s (international) business stakeholders. The AE must be comfortable and have demonstrable experience in an international business environment.
Main focus on OE and the revenue line but has relationship with the service line in ensuring the cost base is aligned to the revenue.
Works with the TS Portfolio Units (PU’s) to project forecasts from a delivery and project perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the contract in its entirety (internationally);
- Capable of driving virtual teams and building relationships with the PU’s to ensure service excellence;
- Grow the account – work with the account team to identify and close opportunities to extend the relationship;
- Involve specialised sales to enable OE and revenue growth and keep supervisory authority;
- Stabilize and defend the existing business;
- Increase customer satisfaction – working with both the customer teams and TS to ensure that we continue to improve the service and strengthen our reputation as a defined ‘global’ strategic IT partner;
- Has a good understanding of business principles, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs/challenges assigned
- Plans own account management approach and has input into colleagues' approaches; manages own and other' resources in line with the overall strategy of the account
- Develop and drive innovation within the customer base
- There will be a requirement to travel as and when required in line with business and customer requirements
- Client management – interfacing with senior Client contacts;
- Customer focus – variety exposures within client space;
- Business development – developed a number of business opportunities by working with the sales team to build pipe line and drive closing;
- Negotiating Skills – been part of a contract award or re-negotiation;
- Delivery assurance – led complex cross tower contracts;
- Contract management - accountable for complex single tower or cross-tower contracts.
- P&L Management – has experience of managing a (multi)million top-line;
- Budget & Forecast Planning – produced a number of budget and forecasts
- Measurement & Reporting – completed reporting for a range of customers and is competent at presenting these to senior management;
- Risk Management –has experience of managing risks and is typically a risk champion.
- Performance Management - has experience of performance management of medium to large sized virtual teams and has good experience in dealing with difficult situations when required;
- Motivating others – has experience with peers in motivating teams across the business and good experience in motivating senior employees. Is highly self-motivated;
- Influencing others - can demonstrate incidences of influencing decision makers internally and externally;
- Conflict Management –has had exposure to managing conflict at peer level and has good experience at a senior level;
- Communication & presentation skills – is a rounded communicator and is confident at presenting and credible at senior management level.
- Key Account Management (setting vision, strategy and priority) – experience of (multi) million accounts in driving vision & strategic planning; proactive business approach.
- Business Acumen - has good knowledge of IT outsourcing industry and is highly aware of the trends of the IT industry and customer sectors;
- Prioritisation Management – is able to prioritise their days to day activities with little supervision and
- Can plan the goals and strategic directions of team when required;
- Networking skills – Has an established international network and external network.
Please note that employee screening is part of the selection procedure.
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Finally vacation time - so that our employees can enjoy their free time to the fullest, we boost their travel budget with some extra payment.
Be part of the team from day one - we ensure the necessary training as well as fast integration and support our new employees as they join our company.
T-Systems was founded in 2000, when Deutsche Telekom acquired a 50.1% stake of Debis Systemhaus, one of the largest IT services companies in Germany at the time. With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 37,900 employees, and external revenue of EUR 6.8 billion (2019), T-Systems is one of the world’s leading cross manufacturer digital service provider with an European headquarter which is becoming the leading ICT provider through expertise and growth.
T-Systems guides customers on the way to digitalization. T-systems wants to take advantage of the opportunities presented by digitalization together with their customers. As a company T-systems offers integrated solutions for corporate customers. At this subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, everything comes from one source: from secure operation of existing systems and conventional IT and telecommunication services to transformation into the cloud, including international networks. From demand-oriented infrastructure, platforms, and software, down to new business models and innovation projects in the Internet of Things. The basis for this is the global reach of landline and mobile communications, high-security data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem with standardized platforms, worldwide partnerships, and the highest security.
T-Systems Netherlands has 320 employees divided over two locations, Utrecht and Rijswijk. Our guiding principles are Delight our customers, Get things done, Act with respect & integrity, Team together – team apart, I am T count on me and Stay curious and grow. These guiding principles connect and challenge us every day. They also form the basis for our company culture which characterizes as technically oriented, innovation and quality focused, people-centric, trustworthy and Proud to be T-Systems.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.