Big Data - Admin / Automation Engineer (f/m/d)
- Magenta Telekom
- Vienna, Austria
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Languages Required:
- Deutsch, Englisch
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Development
Technology and Networks
In the field of Big Data, proper operation and optimization of infrastructure is essential to provide key functionality to data engineers, scientists and analysts. The interaction of different components in the Big Data stack often results in tedious error searches, repetitive manual configuration tasks and monitoring overhead.
If you are passionate about Big Data, administration of clusters and have a high demands on yourself to automate every task, then join the Big Data Platform team at Magenta Austria in one of the most exciting times ever! As a part of Deutsche Telekom AG - Europe’s number 1 telco operator - we provide a vibrant workplace full of exciting large-scale challenges by bridging the gap between a legacy world and cutting edge technologies, to help us become an industry leader on data driven work & decision making.
Scope: As a Big Data admin / automation engineer on the Big Data Platform team at Magenta Austria, you are going to work on the core infrastructure that enables the data driven paradigm change.
- You help to administrate the Hadoop cluster and its component
- You dive into daily problems within the Hadoop infrastructure and tune performance
- You support Data Engineers in code deployment and debugging (on an infrastructure level)
- You support the maintenance of development and test environments to allow easy promotion of tools and code
- You create tools for monitoring the cluster health and for automating repetitive tasks (e.g. user generation or configuration changes)
- You prepare system upgrades and HA setups
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar field of studies.
- You have solid experience in Linux system administration (Red Hat/CentOS) and with Big Data infrastructure (experience with VM and cloud systems beneficial)
- You know the principles of HDFS, Knox, Yarn, Hive, Kafka, Oozie, etc.
- You know the concept of DevOps and have experience with automation frameworks (e.g. Ansible)
- You have a solid understanding of security principles (SSL, HTTPS, etc.)
- You have worked with build pipelines (GitLab or Jenkins) and have experience with Docker
- You either already worked and are familiar with, or are highly interested in working in an agile environment using the Scrum methodology (bi-weekly sprints)
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English or/and German.
- You are a motivated team player who can also work independently.
Depending on your qualifications, your experience and your commitment we offer an attractive, market compliant salary of about EUR 50.000 per year.
We are Magenta.
With Magenta we shape the digital future, which creates sense and brings happiness, which is exciting and thrilling, fascinating and inspiring. Magenta is not a color or a name, but rather a vision: the ultimate promise for the digital future in Austria.
Magenta is a brand of Magenta Telekom (T-Mobile Austria). The company consists of around 2,500 employees. As part of the Deutsche Telekom Group we benefit from innovative strengths and financial stability of the Group, one of the biggest players in the telecommunication market. We make latest technology come alive and tangible, break with old habits and set new standards. To enrich and simplify the daily life of our customers.
Innovative, brave and enthusiastic employees are a crucial success factor. Therefore, we offer you many exciting opportunities. We are Magenta. You too?
Further information at: www.magenta.at/karriere