This position is open in the following countries:
Who we are?
We are enthusiastic team in Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. that solving most exciting cloud challenges in DT. We are designing, building and operating the cloud platform as Infrastructure as a code. If you like OpenStack and GitOps and if you are ready for challenges join our agile, multicultural and cross border team. We will support you to grow to help us in innovation and operational excellence.
You can select Zagreb Bratislava or Budapest. Distance doesn't matter if you are team player.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Development and operations of cloud infrastructure components in DT’s data centers
- Cloud infrastructure design and operations support (2nd line) for data center focus areas: servers, storage, OpenStack and SDN controller.
- Cloud platform DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Provide and manage the lifecycle of physical infrastructure and cloud resources, hosted within the datacenters.
- Budget responsibility: No
What will you do?
- DEV: Develop and maintain a code for configuration of SW and HW components which creates cloud infrastructure
- OPS: Maintain existing infrastructure (Incident management) and address improvements to DEV
- Development and operation of OpenStack cloud environment
- Design of the future cloud releases
- Accountable for the set-up, management and support of the datacenter tools and virtualization functionality (that means e.g. monitoring, enable 1st line operations and execute 2nd level incident management, as well as problem-, change-management, terminate and retire old tools, …)
- Perform integration and validation tasks for datacenter equipment and tools
- Monitoring/tracking performance of systems, dimensioning, and capacity planning with respect to future needs
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the techn. documentation
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to learn, innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What professional knowledge and skills are expected?
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field) or equivalent experience
- More than 3 years’ experience in area of data center infrastructure and virtualization technologies with focus on one of the following knowledge areas: x86 hardware, SDN, Storage or cloud.
Must have the following knowledge:
- SysAdmin - linux configuration and troubleshooting (Ubuntu preferred) – advanced skillset required
- KVM Virtualization
- Git as code management (or similar tool set – preferred Gitlab)
- GitOPS - automation (CI/CD) and IaC operations and troubleshooting, scripting – ability to use existing code for daily operations tasks and activities, ability to report issues, ideally propose solutions for DEV stage
- basic understanding of datacenter networking - knowledge of DC protocols basis (VLAN, VXLAN, EVPN)
- Different common infrastructure DevOps tools and utilities, scripting languages
- Git (Gitlab Enterprise)
Bonus to have:
- Some of private/public cloud knowledge (OpenStack based, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Docker, Kubernetes
What hard skills you need to have?
Excellent understanding and practical experience in at least one of the following infrastructure domains:
- IT hardware: x86 server architectures.
- Virtualization - Hypervisors (KVM), SDN and network acceleration technologies, e.g. SR-IOV
- Storage: solutions for block and object storage including high-availability concepts, e.g. Ceph.
- Good general understanding of cloud platform architectures:
- Compute, Network and Storage Infrastructure
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems and Hypervisors
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures
- CI/CD processes and tools (Git, Ansible etc.)
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in various areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
TDI is a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. Pan-Net focuses on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint. Besides the headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia there are other Pan-Net affiliated companies across Europe, and together with the TDI team in Germany, we leverage the power of all teams to provide best in class technology solutions.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net bundles key competencies for future tech projects within the area of Technology & Innovation. Anchoring skill developments in learning opportunities on- and off-of-the job, is deeply imbedded in our corporate culture. Therefore, the technical experts, who are organized in chapters and tribes, are flexibly and effectively enabled to contribute towards Group's strategic focus of digitalization, cloudification and automation to become the Leading European Telco.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 9 Fragkoklisias street, 15125, Marousi of Attica, Greece
For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.