Data Center Electrical Engineer
- Participation in regular technical meetings with DC provider operation team and local T-Systems operation team (implementation of technician round table)
- Cooperation with international experienced colleagues in special projects such as risk reduction, energy efficiency / sustainability / innovations
- Analysis of potential and identified risks and managing of mitigation measures
- Onsite visual inspection and availability checks of DC infrastructure and review of maintenance reports (security, power, cooling)
- Check of critical data center infrastructure changes with potential impact on T-Systems IT-equipment
- Optimization of energy efficiency (refrigeration, air-conditioning, power supply, etc.)
- Supporting customers in sustainability related topics
- Implementation and operating of T-Systems own monitoring system (temperature/humidity) at T-Systems data halls
- Implementation and operating of T-Systems own monitoring system (power quality) at T-Systems data halls
- Completed study (university) of electrical engineering or refrigeration engineering or constructional engineering or comparable education
- 6-year work experience
- Many years of professional experience or activity in the field of activity/area of responsibility also in an international or intercultural environment
- Many years of consulting experience in strategic projects (e.g. in flexible organizations) and complex processes
- Knowledge in business administration
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Experience in the business processes of customers
- Experience in negotiations with customers at different management levels
- Experience in technical management
- Competent knowledge in fields of high available power supply and secured cooling supply :
- Electrical engineering of middle voltage systems and independent domestic electricity generation (EPS)
- Electrical engineering of low voltage distribution systems
- Electrical engineering of uninterruptible power supply systems
- Refrigeration engineering of secured cooling supply
- Refrigeration engineering of free cooling systems and hybrid cooing systems
- Air conditioning engineering
- Fire protection and extinguishing system
- Lightning protection and earth termination system
- Access control systems
- Additional knowledge in
- Instrumentation, Control and Automation (ICA)
- Building Management System (BMS)
- Construction projects in terms of data centre infrastructure
- Global and national standards (ISO, IEC, NEC, EN, BS, etc.)
- IBM power systems site preparation and physical planning guide
- Legal regulations (building laws, etc.)
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
T-Systems – digitalization partner of corporations. Shape the digital future – with us. Working for globally leading companies for more than 25 years. With locations in more than 20 countries and around 38,000 employees (2019), T-Systems is one of the world's leading IT service providers and suppliers of digital services. T-Systems supports more than 1,000 clients, including all DAX 30 companies in Germany and 100 of the Fortune 500 companies globally. Our clients come from all regions and sectors, including the automotive industry, retail trade, logistics and transport sector, and healthcare. As a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, T-Systems provides all important building blocks for innovative information technology and digitalization. This includes development, implementation, integration, and sale of private and public IT infrastructures and applications, including strategic digitalization and the transformation solutions that accompany this. We also provide consultancy services, drawing from our deep knowledge of the industry and with the help of over 4,000 SAP experts around the world. It doesn’t matter when or where you work. It’s about doing work that matters and we believe each and every one of you can move society forward. That’s why we will do everything to ensure that you have all the possibilities to do so through a supportive network, great technology, a new-work environment and the freedom to work autonomously. We support you to constantly grow both personally and professionally, so that you can leave a remarkable footprint in society. Are you someone that will not stop moving society forward? That is passionate about what they do, wants to constantly learn new skills and build a network that can change everything? Be the one that shouts: #IWILLNOTSTOP until everyone can take part in the digital opportunities of now.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.