Database Administrator (Pécs)
- IT Services Hungary
- Pécs, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Operations
• You will support various versions of Microsoft SQL servers (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016) on various platforms (Private and/or Cloud) for multiple international companies.
• You will be part of a team implementing the existing best practices in database management in a PaaS mode (platform support, installation, administration, monitoring).
• You will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support, access management, patch management. Providing on-call support if required.
• You will manage HA and DR capabilities in SQL environment, including replication and clustering technologies.
• You will do performance tuning, alerting & monitoring, server configuration.
• You will participate in migration projects (cloud migrations).
• Incident Management & Change Management (using HPE Service Manager)
• Basic knowledge with MsSQL server usage/support.
• Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English and/or German.
• Basic experience in Windows platforms (experience with Active Directory).
• Customer focused attitude and communications.
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
• Team player attitude, ability to learn quickly and pro-activity.
• Microsoft SQL-Server certification in advantage.
• Experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL and other open-source databases.
• ITIL knowledge is an advantage
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT service company in Hungary, subsidiary of T-Systems International. As an important member of the international T-Systems network IT Services Hungary is the most dynamic IT service centers in Hungary which won the Investor of the Year Award in 2008. Within a broad portfolio of ICT consultation services, ITSH concentrates on the management and outsourcing of IT solutions, and also development and system integration. The company continuously develops its sites in Budapest and Debrecen, and provides job opportunities for IT professionals.