DevOps Engineer Cloud/Kubernetes (m/w/d)
As a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) Cloud/Kubernetes, you will develop advanced technical solutions for the expansion and operation of native cloud infrastructure/services and thus raise them to the next quality level.
- You support highly complex projects directly in the development, quality assurance and planning as well as the implementation of the product releases
- You develop strategies for automated integration and delivery, including the cross-project infrastructure and tool suite
- You will work on the development of new deployment strategies and disaster recovery plans
- You will work closely with the operations team to improve process efficiency and the performance of the software and system landscapes, dealing intensively with innovative topics and concepts
- You lead strategically oriented projects
You have completed a university degree with a focus on computer science or comparable qualification and have proven professional experience in the DevOps & cloud-native technologies environment. You
have practical experience in the application of IaaS and already have at least 3 years of practical experience with cloud (especially Kubernetes, Operators, IaaS CNI, CSI, Ingress, CI / CD Tools), primarily in DevOps roles.
A focused-oriented communication to describe problems and complex issues to the team and to Clients are a matter of course for you.
Furthermore, you have the following knowledge and skills:
- Comfortable handling of Git, Gitlab, GitOps, CI/CD, excellent Linux knowledge & solid knowledge of IP network technologies (DC fabric, SDN etc.)
- System programming foundations with Golang, C or Rust
- Strong knowledge and experience with scripting in Python and Bash and knowledge of automation with Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding of microservice architectures
- Extensive experience with operations of Kubernetes and underlying infrastructure.
- Plus: CKA or CKAD certification & practical experience as an SRE
- Very good command of English and German (B2), active involvement in social communities, willingness to participate in on-call duty and summoning
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
The DTT "Managed Kubernetes Engine" squad of Deutsche Telekom Technik GmbH is the highly specialized team in the T-SP (Service and Platforms) company area, which is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the internal DT Technik Kubernetes platform (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0UKWiNNFTM). The Squad works agile as a DevOps / SRE team responsible for the design, engineering, development, deployment and operation of hundreds of Kubernetes systems and pipelines for internal applications of various kinds (core, access, service platforms, OSS applications, etc) at several locations. This squad consists of highly motivated, experienced IT experts with telecommunications know-how and challenging goals. The squad does make a significant contribution to the implementation of the company's cloud strategy.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.